WTB scubapro x-tek form or pure, or similiar bp/w

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

faster7581

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm looking for a BP/W set up, newer and in good condition. I was going to pick up a new scubapro x-tek pure until I went to the shop and saw how much $$ they are new..

I do not know of what model xtek you are looking for, however if you buy an entire system-- there is a pricing advantage from scuba pro that includes in the 30 ft3 donut lift wing; or the 60 ft3 lift donut wing--the 60 does not include the single tank adapter
backplate c/w continuous harness and d- rings
crotch strap
single tank adapter c/w straps

there is a savings by purchasing the entire system--that makes it afordable,and it is an excellent piece of gear

Based on prices I'm seeing you are still looking at over 700 bucks minimum! For a BPW that's nuts. I could set him up with a complete rig for under $400 including shipping with all new components.

The X-Tek range does seem extravagantly priced - I guess they've got a huge advertising bill to pay.

I suppose they're assuming (maybe correctly) that many divers looking for their first BP&W system will have some brand loyalty/recognition to Scubapro and won't research the competition...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom