WTB - Scooter - prefer "like new condition"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LivingTheDreamBaby

Registered
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a scooter for my wife who is itching to get in the water again, but is having issues due to a knee replacement. Would prefer a Suex, Hollis, Gavin or DiveX in like new condition or slightly used looking if possible (and never flooded), without breaking the bank!!! Was burned on another deal, so am cautious to say the least.

I'm a scooter owner with a rather new knee. What kind of issues is she having in the water, without a scooter? I found that, once I'm in the water, I can kick (both frog and flutter) without much difficulty. Of course, scootering is a BLAST, but hauling my scooter to and from the water is a challenge still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalko

She has had 3 surgeries and we hope this last one is the "one". Things are very tight and sore still. A scooter will help her out tremendously until things loosen up and become pain free (fingers crossed). Hopefully heading to Bonaire in 2 weeks, for unlimited blissful diving! We Live in SW FL and we used to dive all the time. If it was meant to be.......it will be!

Looking to purchase a scooter for my wife who is itching to get in the water again, but is having issues due to a knee replacement. Would prefer a Suex, Hollis, Gavin or DiveX in like new condition or slightly used looking if possible (and never flooded), without breaking the bank!!! Was burned on another deal, so am cautious to say the least.

Being in Sarasota you are not far from cave country. There are lots of scooters around your area. The names you listed have me a little puzzled. Suex is rather new to the US so I doubt you find any cheap ones. DiveX are more popular on the west coast as that is where they are made. Gavins are a little dated and almost all of them have lead acid batteries. They are cheap though as I have seen people selling them in the $1000 range. I am curious as to why you didn't mention Silent Submersion or SS scooters? They are Florida built and in my opinion a step up from the Gavin scooters. You can also f8nd them with a wider range of batteries so you can get a much lighter scooter with a l9ng burn time and speed. Of course the price goes up with the newer battery technology. You can find some good deals on a UV18 and Rodney at SS makes a LiFe 40 ah battery for it if you get tired of the lead acid batterý. Cave Divers Forum is a good place to look for a used scooter in Florida. I personally would run from a Hollis scooter as well as the small Halcyon scooter that they sold for Suex several years ago.

Your budget, burn time needed and tolerance for weight and size are something you might want to consider as it seems to me with the scooters you listed you are sort of all over the place.

A decently cared for SS Minnus would probably be the best bang for the buck. If you're price conscious, better scooters like the Genesis 600 or Piranha are out.

Back
Top Bottom