Wanted WTB LP85 Doubles or Matching singles DC area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tired_Diver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Looking for a set of lp 85 doubles or matching set near DC.

Don't we all🤣🤣... jk.

I have double or single HP 100's. They're exactly the same size as LP 85's in every way, brand new hydro 12/23, and O2 clean. Can come with plugs and be singles or as doubles. Will get brand new VIP as soon as they're sold.

They do have the 7/8unf threads.

Unfortunately, I already have a few hp100s. Looking for the 7in tanks.

I will pass that note to a buddy of mine whos looking for hp100s.

I have double or single HP 100's. They're exactly the same size as LP 85's in every way, brand new hydro 12/23, and O2 clean. Can come with plugs and be singles or as doubles. Will get brand new VIP as soon as they're sold.

They do have the 7/8unf threads.

Just a note: there are two styles of LP85 often discussed. Some are 7.25” diameter and the same length as an HP100. They also hold the same amount of gas at the same pressure. I’m not certain that those aren’t actually LP80’s, not LP85: there’s lots of confusion with scuba tanks…

Other tanks are 6.9 or 7.0 inches, and are *noticeably* longer. Faber makes such tanks. They also trim out noticeably different. They also hold 10% more gas than an HP100.

Seeing as they mentioned slimmer, I assume those are the ones they want.

A note to OP: make sure you get the tank dimensions and make sure they’re what you want. If you want the skinnier tanks, you want them to be 26 inches long.

IMG_2083.jpeg

Here’s a fun photo: four sets of tanks side by side. From right to left: LP72, HP100, LP85 (‘true’ LP85) and HP120. There are a few things to note about this. First of all, how subtle some people consider the differences between the tanks, yet what a noticeable difference it makes in both volume and trim.

Second of all, how different the tanks can be with the same volume. LP72 and HP100 differ in water volume by about one percent. HP 100 and these (Faber HDG) LP85 vary by 10%. These LP85 and the HP 120s differ by, again, 10%.

There is a great deal of subtlety that is usually completely ignored in the ‘ these tanks are the same as those tanks’ argument. Whether those differences matter or not is left up to the individual. But the differences are there.

Anyway, enough pontificating about scuba tank quirks. OP: I hope you find what you’re looking for.

I like using lp85s because I can bring a hp120/130 to top off lp85s doubles between dives in places with no fills.

Just a note: there are two styles of LP85 often discussed. Some are 7.25” diameter and the same length as an HP100. They also hold the same amount of gas at the same pressure. I’m not certain that those aren’t actually LP80’s, not LP85: there’s lots of confusion with scuba tanks…

Other tanks are 6.9 or 7.0 inches, and are *noticeably* longer. Faber makes such tanks. They also trim out noticeably different. They also hold 10% more gas than an HP100.

Seeing as they mentioned slimmer, I assume those are the ones they want.

A note to OP: make sure you get the tank dimensions and make sure they’re what you want. If you want the skinnier tanks, you want them to be 26 inches long.

View attachment 841945

Here’s a fun photo: four sets of tanks side by side. From right to left: LP72, HP100, LP85 (‘true’ LP85) and HP120. There are a few things to note about this. First of all, how subtle some people consider the differences between the tanks, yet what a noticeable difference it makes in both volume and trim.

Second of all, how different the tanks can be with the same volume. LP72 and HP100 differ in water volume by about one percent. HP 100 and these (Faber HDG) LP85 vary by 10%. These LP85 and the HP 120s differ by, again, 10%.

There is a great deal of subtlety that is usually completely ignored in the ‘ these tanks are the same as those tanks’ argument. Whether those differences matter or not is left up to the individual. But the differences are there.

Anyway, enough pontificating about scuba tank quirks. OP: I hope you find what you’re looking for.

My LP 85's (but now I'm not sure, lol) are 7.25". They match my HP100's in every way except they're ~ 1/4" longer.

Now I need to do some investigating!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom