Wrist seal drygloves vs Ring seal dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use wrist-seal dry gloves. It's not rocket science to keep both hands dry, but it does require patience and skill to achieve a good seal.

First, drysuit wrist seals need to be wrinkle free. It's obvious that water enters wherever there's a wrinkle to channel it.

Then don one glove and push the wrist seal as far down the arm as possible. Now, grab the centre of the seal and gently pull the material a short way down the arm again towards the wrist. This should result in the glove opening and a section of the seal beyond it sealing against the drysuit wrist seal. Do the same for the glove on the other hand.

Since adopting this method and deploying it consistently and with patience, both my hands have stayed dry. May not work for anybody else, but it does work for me.

One more vote for the Viking rings! I just wish someone would make a 2.5" ring in addition to the 3" ones for people like me with small wrists.

I've seen lots of other divers having problems with other ring systems, I tried ZipGloves and I build my own rings before deciding to get the Vikings. I've never tried nor seen the dry gloves with the builtin wrist seal so I can't comment on them.

one tip for the latex seal divers: KY Jelly makes a great seal between the two layers of latex

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom