Wrist mount computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Graeme Tolton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a genesis react pro computer. It has been in my console for a while and i wish to move it to my wrist. I bought a wrist mount boot.. all fits together nicely, however, with my drysuit on, the strap isn't really long enough. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to modify this to work? It is this type of boot.

Attachments

• wristboot.jpg
    wristboot.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 170
There's a lot of ways to do it but you can just cut off part of the ends of the straps but keep a few holes and put 1/8" bungee through them to complete the loop.

Try two separate knots and use two loops so that if one breaks you still have your computer.

You can also just cut the straps off complete and run bungee through the bottom of the boot where the straps were.

Or there is the popular reply which I'm sure someone will chime in with...

. . . get a DSS bungee mount? :shakehead:

Just because I got one for my hubby for Christmas . . .

Looking at the DSS website, i do not see one that is listed as compatible with my specific computer... However, I am sure they are going to be similar sizes... Does anyone know what boot would work with the genesis react pro? BTW, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

Graeme, that is a VERY good question to ask the board members. May I recommend that you add to your post above the exact make and model?

The reason is that I could not find a DSS mount, either, but someone who had the wrist computer in questions was able to share the link.

I have a genesis react pro computer. It has been in my console for a while and i wish to move it to my wrist. I bought a wrist mount boot.. all fits together nicely, however, with my drysuit on, the strap isn't really long enough. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to modify this to work? It is this type of boot.

DSS has seven different models to fit most models. I have one for my Sunnto and it works greats. I did not like using a wrist mount as the extra strap length kept getting in the way.

Email or give these folks a call. I'll bet they can fit you up.

Email: info@deepseasupply.com
Phone: 626-799-5078
Fax: 626-799-0923

Here is what I did to mount my wrist computer, I converted the stock mount to a use bungee cord by cutting off the straps ... DSS does not make a compatible mount for my VEO250

I cut off the strap where it starts to curve up, and drilled two holes in it on each side, about the same size as the bungee

I ended up doing something similar to that, one continuous loop on each side, allowing me to pull on the center to change the length of it, for drysuit use or no suit use. Works quite well.

Yes, I realize now that if I had drilled the the holes ever so slightly smaller, I could do something similar to adjust it .. I didn't think about that when making it.
I put a couple of tie straps around the bungee on one side where it comes through the wrist strap to make it shorter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom