wrist console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

duoderf

Reaction score
So i was thinking about putting my gauge console on my wrist. I was going to have a long hose going to my pressure gauge, and have the console strapped to the inside of my left forearm.

I'm sure it has been done before, but I wanted to see how/what others have done.

Also what are the pros and the cons to this. I know once or twice my console has gotten away from me, and it only took a second to find it, I just think that it would be convienient.

What's on your console? Often times these consoles are standard gauges wrapped with rubberized plastic. If you hack off the rubber/plastic, you'll probably find a brass or SS SPG, and your depth / computer / compass will be pucks that can easily be mounted with standard or modified wrist mounts.

If your computer is the type that integrates air, you'll have another problem altogether.

I'm not saying you should hack your console up, but you probably can.

There's plenty of options to put your SPG and compass in normal wrist mounts.

Once out of the console (don't hack it up, just remove SPG hose from 1st stage and slip out the SPG from the console), I've seen tech divers who mount SPG, hose and all, along their arms as you're mentioning.

Details are better left to someone besides me on that one though. I cross clip mine at the chest.

I realize I thought a piece of my post without actually typing it...

I have seen a couple of consoles that required hacking...apparently most do not. If you want to keep the console intact, there are probably plenty of places along it to drill some holes and thread shock cord through which will make donning / doffing relatively easy.

I have a single wrist rubber boot that is ok. I like it for my computer dont like it for the compass. I've since started to keep the compass on a retractor on my bc.

Best thing I did was hack up my console. Yes, I actually cut it in pieces and used the pieces for gauge holders and put holes in 'em and ran bungees and strapped my compass and 'puter to my wrists. That was years ago, and I now have real gauges and wrist mounts, but once I had all that data on my wrists where I could see it as easily as a flick of the eyes, I never even considered going back.

and by console you mean a fish club right?

depending on what type of computer you have many companies offer a boot to place your computer/compass in a wrist mount. also, if you can find a way to use bungie instead of a regular 'watch' strap you will be even happier. Then, all you would need is a nice bolt snap for your pressure gauge.

lastly plan to put your compass on your left arm and your computer on your right. that way you can watch your computer why you are managing your ascents/descents.

I have a Suunto console that houses from top to bottom: my compass, old skool Suunto ML computer, and finally my air pressure gauge. I simply purchased elastic velcro straps from a local home-improvement store that fit perfectly through the console's "vent" holes to hold it to my forearm. Easy on, easy off, and no matter how bad the vis, I can always find my arm. It also helps to keep my console from dragging across the reef.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom