Wrist action, best hardware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I definately agree on getting a nitrox compatible unit from the start.

That was a mistake I made - I have an Uwatek Aladin Sport (air only) that I now use as a backup to a Cochran Comander (2 gas nitrox option).

http://divecochran.com/cutintro.htm

Depending on options (and which version of the software if you buy it as well), the Cochran can run anywhere from a few hundred up to over a thousand if you want hardcore stuff like constant PO2 capability for rebreather use and extra log memory and stuff...

It is upgradable too so if you want to add mor features later on, you can just send it back to them for updates.

So far I like it very much but I've only had it on 10 dives to date. Most of those dives were during a TDI deco course and it did everything I wanted it to with no problems at all.

I own a Aladin Air X Nitrox and a Oceanic Data Plus. Both are good computers but my favorite is the Aladin.
Upside of the Aladin: easy to program, easy to read, instant on when you hit the water, one less hose to deal with. Downside: not backlite, non user replaceable batteries.
The Data Plus up side: inexpensive, diver replaceable batteries, temp readout. Down side: must turn on before you enter the water, hose connected, not as easy to program as the Uwatec.
I have used both of these computers for the past 5 years and have had trouble with only one, the Data plus. Has been sent back for repair twice. By the way the Uwatec has never been sent in and the battery indicator is now showing 50% left on the battery. These 2 computers have about 200 dives each on them at the present time.

Back
Top Bottom