Wreck Training in Plymouth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SquattingRadishDM

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any wreck penetration courses in the Plymouth area? I am looking more at the TDI or other technical courses rather than the rather simplistic (IMHO) PADI speciality course.

What do ppl think is the most appropriate sequence of courses to learn penetration?

Thanks in advance

Deep Blue would be the most likely place around there.
Personally I'm not convinced that courses are the best way to go, courses are a relatively new way to learn wreck penetration.
I feel that mentoring is a better way to learn, provided your chosen mentor knows what he's doing - and that the best way to learn is over space of months/years rather than a course over a short space of time and a limited number or wrecks.

I feel that mentoring is a better way to learn

What is the arrangement with mentoring :06: ? Is it just an informal personal arrangement or do some LDS have a mentoring scheme? What will I be charged for? Just my dive, mine and the instructors dive, both our dives and an instuction fee etc? Or is it just a case of finding an experienced buddy to learn off?

I think I would still need to take a course all the same as I havn't done EANx, Trimix or Reel drills.

I would also recommend Deep Blue (over at Mount Batten). I can give you their phone number if you want (pobably best to PM me) but it's also in the phone book. They're a really good technical place (they also do recreational diving; they're one of the best dive schools in Plmyouth).

Aquanauts and Plymouth Diving Centre, two other very local dive centres, don't do technical stuff, and actually normally send people over to Deep Blue anyway for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom