wreck of the MARS (lookin for info)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diesel298

Reaction score
I am looking for info on the mars,. A tug that sunk off Plymouth in about 120 FSW.
Now this is info i got from the wreckhunter website. I have not had great luck with acurate info from this site. its usually close, but not anything you can count on.
i went out and was lookin for it yesterday. Based on there numbers, and did a search for about 45 minn and found nothing even remotley close to resembling a wreck.
also the water depth in the area of the numbers was only 100.
if anyone could share some usefull info i would appricate it.
TIA

Seeing as we don't head that far south, I guess I can give these up. I don't know if these are the same numbers as the NE Wreckhunter, but I have 41-56-16N / 070-29-33W. Let me know if these are the same area you have been searcking.

Capt. Pat Breen
617-271-1062
bostondiverservices.com

First. Thanks for the help.. im happy to see people helping others.
but. those are the same numbers i searched.
i also found another site. giving the same numbers.
i find it hard to beleave that 3 different people have given me the same numbers. and was unable to find the wreck?
the bottom finder we use id a good one and we have no problem finding other wrecks with it.
and we did a decent search using a gps plotter to keep track of what we where doin and where where had been....
and came up empty

I know the feeling all too well. We dove more rock piles when looking for the Kiowa that I lost count. Good luck...the only way to find it is to keep looking. p.

yeah that seems to be whats gonna happen.
i would think that numbers from 3 different people would be at leats a little off..
if somone was on the bow or stern or hit the waypoint when tied off on it driftin 50 100 feet off in the current?
i dunno. ill keep on it.
thanks again

Try these: 41-56.795 70-29.356
They should put you at the bow. Please note that they are in mn.mn, not mn.sec.

Good Luck,
Dennis

PS: I've been looking for the Kiowa also if someone would not mind sharing them. Let's make a deal?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom