Wreck diving in Lebanon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try from a pc, there seems to be a problem with the link

Yep, works from a PC. Nice video thanks for posting. The Lebanon is on my list of places to visit. It's good to know there's some wreck diving going on. The music works fine in the video. The only thing maybe would be to make it a couple of minutes shorter. A nice example of why you should lay line when entering a wreck.

There are indeed a lot of wreck waiting for you here.

This wreck is very silty, our bubbles made rust fall from the ceiling. It's resting nearly upside down and we had to pass above the engine, this is the lowest viz of the movie, you have to put the line on your nose to see it. It's nevertheless a great wreck to dive.

---------- Post added May 30th, 2013 at 08:08 AM ----------

Music changed

---------- Post added May 30th, 2013 at 08:44 PM ----------

Tanker wreck carrying gasoline to the Christian area during the civil war in Lebanon, was hit by 130mm shell from the Syrian army in 1989, it took fire and sunk in 30 min killing 12 saylors including the captain. Now the wreck lies at a deph of 30 meters on its starbord side the bow points toward the west and the stern points toward the east.

My background is Lebanese, hopefully will visit in the future and maybe do some divng as well!

Feel free to contact me, so we can plan some fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom