Would you like to be more "effortless" as you move through the water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danvolker

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
[video=youtube;aAxmFOLM3Ak]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAxmFOLM3Ak&[/video]

This is in Youtube's version of 4k..see the gear icon at bottom right....If your internet connection is fast enough, this does look alot more realistic than 1080p.

---------- Post added July 11th, 2015 at 07:39 AM ----------

I often dive with friends on Gavin scooters, and if I lend my Gavin to someone, I then swim, with camera, and am able to keep up with the scooter divers for an hour long dive....I can actually swim faster than the Gavins, and sometimes have to wait for them. At dive end after 55 minutes, when I am down to 700 psi at 55 foot deep reef...the scooter divers will be around 1300 psi....

The point here, is that in shooting this video, this wing fin diver was the first diver I ever followed, that I could not keep up to....and he was not even trying to swim fast. I found I had to get ahed of him, and have him swim to me..If I was behind him, I'd just keep getting further behind, no matter how hard I pushed my big Dive R freedive fins.

When Ron wants to go slow, he is slow and precise...like a dolphin if it was curious about something, and wanted to move slowly to look. When he wants to go somewhere, his efficiency is so far off the chart, that it changes the whole issue of what you can do when freediving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom