Would this make a good dive boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riverdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I seen this boat last week and thought I could just drive it from my house to my favorite dive site.

Attachments

• DSCN7478.jpg
    DSCN7478.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 243
I seen this boat last week and thought I could just drive it from my house to my favorite dive site.

I haven't seen an Amphicar in years. I knew a guy that had two restored ones and one for parts.

Amphicar History

I doubt it would make a great dive boat but it will make a great dive site when it sinks, I seriously doubt it is self bailing and positive flotation.

N

hmm.. How much trunk space does it have? I would at least keep some snorkel gear in there, it would make it much easier to change a flat. Just make your wife hold the tire iron (wait a min, where did she go?). ;P

A guy uses one for fishing near San Diego (on a SMALL lake). Looks cool as all get out. But using it where there are actually waves??? It will be a one- dive boat - and as said earler, a unique artificial reef. Located very near where you enter the water.

A guy uses one for fishing near San Diego (on a SMALL lake). Looks cool as all get out. But using it where there are actually waves??? It will be a one- dive boat - and as said earler, a unique artificial reef. Located very near where you enter the water.

These things have been around for many years now. I recently saw a group of them heading east on 105.

Amphicar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ... 'Not a good car and not a good boat"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom