Would this be a decent trade? Lp95 for 100's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phishphood

Contributor
Reaction score
Not quite sure what the market here is like, but think there's any chance I would find someone that would want to trade a pair of steel 100's for my Faber lp95's? Are 100's too high in demand and 95's not?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

If I had the 100's I trade in a heartbeat. I like the 95's. Easier to get a good fill, they are beasts doubled up, but I like to use them pumped to about 3200 for deeper dives in AOW classes. Even with only 3000 psi they are still 108's. Some places around this area getting a 3442 fill is a crap shoot.

They're both just as popular I think.
If you had a pair of 108's or 104's I would give you my pair of never wet 100's

I'm sure I could find a pair of 100s to trade you for. remember that at 2780psi your tanks are the same as 100's. is it really worth the trade?

I'm sure I could find a pair of 100s to trade you for. remember that at 2780psi your tanks are the same as 100's. is it really worth the trade?

They'll have the same volume of gas, yes, but same as 100's??? Oh no, very, very different tanks.

1st- Crap!! didn't realize I posted this in exposure suit classifieds...

2nd- I'm well aware of the volume differences at different pressures. I just got used to my old lp 100's dimensions. These 95's are pretty fat...

1st- Crap!! didn't realize I posted this in exposure suit classifieds...

2nd- I'm well aware of the volume differences at different pressures. I just got used to my old lp 100's dimensions. These 95's are pretty fat...

Indeed. I would get almost the same bottom time with my little HP 80's as I would with my LP 95's filled to 3000 when spearfishing, doing a looooot of swimming, they have a lot more drag.

Thanks merxlin. Actually meant to post in the new England regional but this works too. Still working on learning tapa talk

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I just got used to my old lp 100's dimensions....

To be clear, we are talking about HP 100s right, not LP?

I am in the same boat as the OP. I have both lp95s and hp100s, and I prefer the 100s because they have a bit less drag underwater, are a tad lighter on land, and the dive shops here a. won't overfill lp tanks and b. always give me good hp fills anyway. So I get all the (admittedly slight) disadvantages of the 95s and no bonus air to make up for them.

Anyone in Northern Washington or Vancouver BC area have good condition hp100s they want to trade for lp95s in current vis and hydro?

Back
Top Bottom