Worthington Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divechilly

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm new to diving and trying to support my LDS. However, it's waiting for PS tanks. I have one on order, but I'd like to try my new gear. I want more than one tank anyway. I've seen Worthington cylinders on the Internet. I've read some older posts. Can someone give me an update on experience with this company? I'd like to order an 85, but want to get a good product. Being new, I'm not sure what I should look for in features and quality.

I couldn't find any information about SCUBA cylinders on Worthington Cylinder's site.

Thanks.

You might find something if you:

search->advanced search

Type in "Worthington" (minus the quotes) as the key word, limit the search to this forum and let 'er rip.

Roak

divechilly:
I'm new to diving and trying to support my LDS. However, it's waiting for PS tanks. I have one on order, but I'd like to try my new gear. I want more than one tank anyway. I've seen Worthington cylinders on the Internet. I've read some older posts. Can someone give me an update on experience with this company? I'd like to order an 85, but want to get a good product. Being new, I'm not sure what I should look for in features and quality.

I couldn't find any information about SCUBA cylinders on Worthington Cylinder's site.

Thanks.

I'm sure the info is in other posts, in Summary Worthington has been around for a long time. They are just now entering the Scuba cylinder market - likely to try and gobble up some market share since PST can't get its act together with meeting demand.

The currently available Worthington tanks are low pressure, their X series tanks - which more align with PST's E series are due out in the next two months I believe. (May '05)

The one differentiator that is yet to be seen is how well the Worthington tanks fair externally. Your in the NE, so I'm going to assume you'll be doing some ocean diving - i.e. salt water. PST's Hot Dipped Galvonized coating has gotten rave reviews. Worthington's is a painted cold galvenized coating - I believe more in line with what Faber has been doing for years... (I could be wrong on this - but thats the impression I'm getting from all the writeups....)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom