Worth diving on cruise to San Juan, St Maarten, St Thomas, Samana?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boy, dive at all cost?

Pretty much, in the spring the daughter will be out of college and I hope working. At 22 this most likely our last family trip.

Then it is back to all inclusive drive trips!

If you find something you like on st Martin and st Thomas let know. When is your trip? I leave dec 22nd. I am not counting on much from samana but nothing looks good on that port anyway. In San Jaun it will be Christmas day and nothing is going on so off diving it is...

Pretty much, in the spring the daughter will be out of college and I hope working. At 22 this most likely our last family trip.

Then it is back to all inclusive drive trips!

If you find something you like on st Martin and st Thomas let know. When is your trip? I leave dec 22nd. I am not counting on much from samana but nothing looks good on that port anyway. In San Jaun it will be Christmas day and nothing is going on so off diving it is...
I leave on Dec 4. Seems hard to drag my wife on any of the dives, let alone the odd ones like samana and san Juan. My best bet is to try to do St Maarten and St Thomas.

Decided to go with Admiralty in St John..due to the fact they do pick ups, so no need to rush in a cab to try to catch the 8:30 morning dive.

As for St Martin, nobody could gurantee we can dive Moonhole, and we found some places had a single tank shark dive, so initially we tried to squeeze a morning 2 tank and an afternoon shark dive, but then we settled with with Ocean Explorer, whom offered 2 tank dive with a 2nd dive being a shark dive. This is even though they are a bay away and we needed to take an cab there. Their 2 tank dive also starts at 11AM, so there is no rush to get to the dive shop if we did a morning dive or back to the cruise ship if we did an afternoon dive. It is pricey though. A bit more than the shark dive in Bahamas w/Stuart Cove. But we need to make up for the lack of sharks in our galapagos trip (although this is a bit of a cheap thrill dive vs the natural "safari" dive of galapagos).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom