Worth checking out.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never had a request for information handled quite so "well". Tip from the peanut gallery. If you act like an *** to people, they tend to go away. Asking for information is not being "coddled", responding like a dick and having the rest of the clan jump aboard only reinforces the negative image you initally created. If you want to joke with somebody let them know your joking (text doesn't convey tone), especially if they have no clue who you even are.

If you people are a representation of what I can expect in a DIR buddy, no thanks.

I can move this thread to the Whine and Cheese, if you would like.

Hey, guys, what's up here?

Somebody posts asking for information about how to go about getting GUE training, and we whop him upside the head. Yeah, he could have looked on the GUE site. Yeah, he could have assumed California instructors would teach in California. But . . . What skin is it off our noses to write a nice post mentioning Mike Kane and Beto Nava? If you don't want to do it, don't post anything. But being rude about somebody's question is not going to make them more inclined to look into the DIR community as a place to dive. Maybe nobody else cares about that, but since I tend to think this is a safer, more fun way to dive, I try to encourage people, rather than put them off.

Hey, guys, what's up here?

Somebody posts asking for information about how to go about getting GUE training, and we whop him upside the head. Yeah, he could have looked on the GUE site. Yeah, he could have assumed California instructors would teach in California. But . . . What skin is it off our noses to write a nice post mentioning Mike Kane and Beto Nava? If you don't want to do it, don't post anything. But being rude about somebody's question is not going to make them more inclined to look into the DIR community as a place to dive. Maybe nobody else cares about that, but since I tend to think this is a safer, more fun way to dive, I try to encourage people, rather than put them off.
No.

He asked.

Was told.

He didn't see the answer and complained.

Darn funny it was.

Gotta agree with Lynne here ... I don't see the humor ... or the "coddling" ... :shakehead:

Dude asked a simple question ... isn't that why the forum's here?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Gotta agree with Lynne here ... I don't see the humor ... or the "coddling" ... :shakehead:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The humor was that he was given the answer in post #2, but he decided "not" to see it and complain.

Then we started laughing.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Seems to me two of us gave him a direct answer, one of us even provided e-mails.

Personally I am miffed that I did not get a thank-you out of all this, and this goes to prove how ungrateful ****-holes non DIR divers really are..... :popcorn:

I think I am going back to remove my helpful post.

That will be the last time I do that for someone. :wink:

Seems to me two of us gave him a direct answer, one of us even provided e-mails.

Personally I am miffed that I did not get a thank-you out of all this, and this goes to prove how ungrateful ****-holes non DIR divers really are..... :popcorn:

I think I am going back to remove my helpful post.

That will be the last time I do that for someone. :wink:

Well, I guess I am just a meanie.

I tried to ban myself from this thread but got this message instead.

JeffG, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I give up. Maybe we are all jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom