Worst Liveaboard Experience, Island Dancer, Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree - First Landing is an okay resort, well worth the savings over the five star resorts.

Making mental note next live-a-board trip:

Batteries for dive lights - check
Mask.... - check
Fins.... - check
rat traps... - check

I have had no response from the Dancer Fleet HQ regarding my concerns regarding the boat/staff however the Fiji coordinator has offered to refund me the value of my bag to my credit card... so that is a start.
I will post some photos eventually - currently in China for the next few weeks - but the diving was pretty special, even with the limited (15-20m) vis.

Thank you, Cohugore, Shmuggy, and Paschen, for posting your experiences. Wow--rats and roaches, that's pretty much all I have to hear. I would have booked a trip on any Dancer boat without hesitation before I saw this thread, based solely on their reputation and my very positive experiences on the (co-owned) Aggressor boats. This is sad news--I guess times have been hard for the industry for a while now.

I'd love to hear from others who can confirm (or refute) this appraisal.

holy cow.... roaches and rats. Not cool. Bad air and bad crew... even worse. This is really bad for the Dancer fleet, especially after that review of their ship in Palau which got similar reviews (minus the rodents).

robin

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, but I'm going to stop saying that I can't imagine how my Palau trip could have been worse-- now I know! Rats!!!!! And bad air, which is obviously a much bigger deal, but there's something about rats...
I am thinking about Fiji and unsurprisingly am planning never to go near the Dancer fleet again-- any recs for top land-based places (not in terms of price but quality?)

I usually take comments on bad food with a grain of salt, people have very different opinions of bad food.

But rats, roaches and bad smelling air is not subjective at all.

It'd be OK to throw the TV overboard anyway... am noting this was post #2 and no further responses for 3 weeks. I always stay at First Landing too for the proximity to the marina but have never dove with them...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom