worlds smallest whaleshark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you do take photos of a whale shark, try and get some around the left gill slits. The spot pattern there is what we use to distinguish who the shark is...like a fingerprint!
3353261895_88d002b6c1.jpg

Carolyn:shark2:

Hi

Well done LIVE4SHARKS, that is correct, a very good page to show people all about photographing whale sharks is here ECOCEAN - Photographing a whale shark

This is what we have been using since 2003, if anyone is interested in whale sharks have a good look around the site there is some great information.

hi, is the DONSOL WhaleShark season on it Peak yet? how many BUS company from Metro Manila (Pasay?) go direct to the town of DONSOL? is it safe to ride on BUS? I also learn that at MOAP near Ozamis city have the lowest cost for getting interact or swim with Dolphins? have any one here on the BOARD try the swim yet?

Hi

Well done LIVE4SHARKS, that is correct, a very good page to show people all about photographing whale sharks is here ECOCEAN - Photographing a whale shark

This is what we have been using since 2003, if anyone is interested in whale sharks have a good look around the site there is some great information.

That is a great link and I will pass that along!

Thanks again DBD!

Hi,
last Friday was my 40 birthday. My wife dadopted "Kal", a 7 m whaleshark for me, a tagged one. I have to check the paperwork to say more about it. It was tagged around Mosambik.

Maybe I will present a video about on marinevideo.eu someday. Of course, I want meet "my shark Kal" ;-)

Being in the water with them was an incredible experience. I highly recommend it to any diver and non-diver. Alot of these expeditions just require you to have snorkeling skills. It was definitely rewarding to be part of a team out there doing research and also conservation. It would make a great family trip! I like to do trips where I dive with a purpose!

If you like to dive with a purpose, here will have plenty of whalesharks:

Galapagos - Wolf and Darwin around August.
Kenya - Chale Island Fecember to February

Eric Cheng once saw around 45 whalesharks within 3 days around Wolf and Darwin. It is somewhere on ECHENG.COM: Eric Cheng`s Personal Website. In this area they are impressively big. In Kenya they look smaller, the body is not as beefy.

A very high chance is also on the Philippines (can't rember wherer...), Australia (Ningaloo), Malpelo around August, same with Cocos, and Socorro (around december), Mosambik, etc.

Back
Top Bottom