World’s deepest indoor dive pool open in Dubai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like fun.
I'll try it at least once.

Wondering if it's built at sea level.
Because the area it's at has dunes/plateaus as high as twenty meters.
And how altitude will affect ndl and decompression and so on.

Also as a side discussion, for those about to dive in the Maldives, one of the airlines that is available to fly to the Maldives from North America is Emirates, which connects through Dubai. It might be worth it to book a few days in Dubai either on the way to the Maldives (It would have the added benefit of helping adjust to the time zone change.) or on the way home.

Would love to see a pool like this built in the states. Not sure what it has not.

Any billionaires listening?

Would love to see a pool like this built in the states. Not sure what it has not.

Any billionaires listening?
Interesting, I would have thought that there is something similar the USA seeing Europe has several, Belgium has a 33m (100ft) one and Italy an 42m (138ft)one and Poland opened a 45m (148 ft) one last year. Isn’t there one where they also simulate space and do some training for NASA at? Maybe not open to the public.

the UK is also set to build a huge new pool for space training
World's largest swimming pool to house new astronaut training center | Space

I'm wondering how it would be economically viable. I got that it could be useful for specialized training but doesn't seem like there is a market of regular people big enough to sustain it. Playing pool underwater is an interesting novelty but my interest in going underwater is seeing the weird stuff (not human) that lives there and what the world looks like down there.

That's why they won't sustain it from my interest but perhaps there are others.

Thinking they must have a full time crew of people ready to rescue people given the depths.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom