World Record Dive to a Ship Wreck, May 17th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I posted this on the facebook group and made the comment that although it will be a record breaking dive, the fact that Rob will be commemorating the noble navy men who sank with the vessel must not be overshadowed.

Good job Rob, have a safe dive.

So what's the word on this extreme excursion, was the dive attempted? Anyone heard of the outcome?

I think it's going on as we type...

the site says "Due to bad weather conditions, the dive is delayed till Sunday May 18."

I was unable to make it but I think it has been cancelled due to the Typhoon.

Due to the bad weather the numbers of available support divers was effected and some of the required supplies were not available. So the dive was postponed indefinitely...most likely will be attempted later this year.

What happened next?

In short, nothing.

Rob had a bad industrial accident and had to sit out for a while. He is now back to strength and in the water, but last time I spoke to him(on his birthday last month), he was not about to do anything big again just yet... rest assured we'll let you know if something comes up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom