World Record Dive to a Ship Wreck, May 17th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, as Deefstes said, he is trying to break Mark Andrews and Leigh Cunningham's world deep wreck dive (they descended to 205m on the Yolanda in the Red Sea, going deeper than his previous record).

And currently, Pascal Bernabe has the world record depth of 330m on open circuit scuba. He set this record three weeks after South African Numo Gomes' 318m dive.

Mark

Ahhh I see, thanks for the information!

Dennis, you aren't going anywhere near those depths, are you?

Dennis, you aren't going anywhere near those depths, are you?
I think he's going to sit in the sand so that he can shoot upwards to capture the descent :D

Good luck and safe diving to all involved!

So whats the point of the dive ? [/Devils Advocate]

Think 'other side of the road' or 'climbing moutains'.......:)

Wonder what the deco time will be.

Best of luck to all involved, please be safe!

" Rob will be placing a memorial plaque on her decks to honor those who went down with the ship..."

I would guess that counts.

Be safe, do smart things, have fun! -N

Well I was under the impression that this was to break his own record for deepest wreck dive.

He did have the record for a time after he dove the USS Cooper. It has since been eclipsed.

Sorry, I should have said it was his second attempt at a World Record. I'll try to change it.

I think he's going to sit in the sand so that he can shoot upwards to capture the descent :D

Good luck and safe diving to all involved!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: I wish!

No, Lynne. Maybe 50M to do decsent and deco photos. I'm too scared to dive that deep.:D

Training for that type of dive may also be a pre-requisite. Four of the team members were on the Princess dive a few weeks ago and two made the dive to 120M. One of the team was the first to explore the bow on that wreck.

I'm just happy to be tagging along.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom