Working in Phuket.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubble Junky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi guys,

I am an instructor considering working in Phuket. Can anyone give me advice on how to 'get legal' from scratch, please ? Any info on setting up or 'acquiring' a business to facilitate the visa/work permit process, and the costs/time scales involved, would be much appreciated.......:D

Cheers......

Do those things here on Phuket, with the people who do it on a regular basis.

Don't buy an existing company but start a new one, just to be safe. The costs of that are about 30,000 baht, and all in all it will take about 2 weeks.

Do those things here on Phuket, with the people who do it on a regular basis.

Cheers for the info. I'm guessing there's an abundance of legal people who could sort this out. Are there any in particular you could recommend, or any to avoid ?

Thanks again for your help......

Would I be right in thinking:

1) Enter Thailand on tourist visa,
2) Set up company,
3) Exit Thailand to get 3 month Non-Imm B,
4) Back to Thailand, apply work permit,
5) Exit Thailand again with work permit to get 12 month Non-Imm B.

Does that sound like the right course of events ????

Cheers......

Cheers for the info. I'm guessing there's an abundance of legal people who could sort this out. Are there any in particular you could recommend, or any to avoid ?

Hi
A freelance Instructor I know highly recommends A. Accounting & Tax Business who are based in Chalong and Kathu. Feel welcome to PM me if you need any contact details.

Good luck!

You can actually set the company up and receive the B visa before you relocate. You only need a good paralegal to facilitate it for you and a courier/express mail service to send signed documents back and forth quickly and safely. In this case, you set up the company first and then receive from it the paperwork you must present to consular officials outside Thailand when you apply for the B visa. If you enter on a B visa and don't need to leave the country again to get it, saving you time and money. Also, , if you come in on a B visa, you can start the work permit process as soon as you get here.

I use a paralegal/accountant in Chalong who does all of this. If you want an email address, PM me.

You can actually set the company up and receive the B visa before you relocate. You only need a good paralegal to facilitate it for you and a courier/express mail service to send signed documents back and forth quickly and safely. In this case, you set up the company first and then receive from it the paperwork you must present to consular officials outside Thailand when you apply for the B visa. If you enter on a B visa and don't need to leave the country again to get it, saving you time and money. Also, , if you come in on a B visa, you can start the work permit process as soon as you get here.

I use a paralegal/accountant in Chalong who does all of this. If you want an email address, PM me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom