Working in New Orleans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bob1dp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'll be working in New Orleans for a month and was wondering what the diving conditions are like around there this time of year. Any must do dives?

You can go out to the rigs, but that is a long boat ride, unless you are already working out there. Most of us go to Alabama and Florida to find boat diving or diving in the springs and in caves.

What kind of dives would you like to do?

I'm into any kind of diving. I'm working in New Orleans and I'll have a couple of weekends off. I'm just looking for a day trip. If I don't dive on this trip I'll be OK. Just didn't want to miss something monumental.

I'm into any kind of diving. I'm working in New Orleans and I'll have a couple of weekends off. I'm just looking for a day trip. If I don't dive on this trip I'll be OK. Just didn't want to miss something monumental.

You should do the Oriskany. Type oriskany in your browser, and there are any number of dive ops to get you there. I am going on April 5th with Seal Sports out of Mandeville on the Easy Diver. They also are going next weekend. I am sure they are going other weekends, and there are other dive ops to get you there as well.
Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom