Wool-lined Pinnacle wetsuits??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OCdiving Deb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Have any of you tried the Pinnacle wetsuits that are lined with wool? My husband is about to buy one and I just thought I should run this by the experts!

I think he is getting the Elite model... no batwing flap or attached hood. What say you?

I haven't heard of them but if they are truly lined with wool make sure there's definitely no chance of an allergy....that would really be ... um .. a pain if you developed hives or something 100' down....

Have one of their wool lined hooded vests and it is great. My buddy has the suit and loves it and says its the warmest suit hes ever had.

Hubby used the Pinnacle with Merino wool lining at the Avalon Harbor Clean-up this weekend... He loved it! He wanted something easy to don on and off and it kept him warm at 54 degrees. We spent some time watching a school of fish and he did feel a chill then, but as soon as we got moving again, he was toasty.

The water that flowed out of his suit was noticeable (yes, water). At first he thought the neck seal was at fault, but the next dive had lots of water too. That wool must hold a lot for insulation, but it dried out fast.

It was a winner for him!

kelphelper:
Hubby used the Pinnacle with Merino wool lining at the Avalon Harbor Clean-up this weekend... He loved it! He wanted something easy to don on and off and it kept him warm at 54 degrees. We spent some time watching a school of fish and he did feel a chill then, but as soon as we got moving again, he was toasty.

The water that flowed out of his suit was noticeable (yes, water). At first he thought the neck seal was at fault, but the next dive had lots of water too. That wool must hold a lot for insulation, but it dried out fast.

It was a winner for him!

You happen to know which Pinnacle suit it was? I just ordered a Polar.

Warm and toasty at 54 degrees sounds a-ok by me.. though I am hoping for a bit more out of the Polar model. I am still planning on buying a dry suit for these parts but unlike most of the people I dive with I actually like to get wet :)

My wife has their Polar with merino wool and integrated hood. She loves it and it keeps her very warm. So far, the coldest water we have been in is 57 degrees. I plan on getting one when my custom suit wears out.

I forgot I had started this thread! I bought an Elite model myself last month and it should get lots of use next week in the northern Channel Islands. I hope to stay warm!

I have been using the polar for about 3-4 months now. Diving in water temps as low as 47F at 100fsw and was comfy. The suit is also very easy to don/doff by yourself, and doesn't restrict mobility the way i found some of the farmer john type setups do.

I definately give them 2 thumbs up!

Besides that they are very reasonably priced.

I've been diving the Pinnacle Elite (wool-lined torso) since July, and I've been very comfortable in water temps ranging from 59-72F. Now that we're in the high 50-degree water temps, all I do is add a hood. The water pools around my calves when I get out of the water, but that's 'cause the ankle seals are working well. It fits very well, so it keeps me warmer. (OK, so I'm also buying a drysuit soon, but that's 'cause the SI's are getting cold in a wetsuit) I'd recommend the Pinnacle Elite or Polar, they're great suits, just make sure they fit you well or get them customized.

Oh, also, the neck on the suit is more adjustable than some, so if you have a problem with a tight feeling around the neck on some fullsuits, let me say that this one is more comfortable than most.

I love mine (Fusion). I also have a Glacier (no Merino lining) for the "cold" winter
months here in Hawaii :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom