Woohoo shark week! Anyone else watching?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm watching right now...man, I *HATE* seeing computers and/or octos hitting the ground/floating freely...arghhhhhh

I noticed the statement attributed to one guy that the sharks never attacked the living, just the dead. I have to seriously question that, seems to be a bit of "don't blame the misunderstood sharks" got tossed in gratuitously.

me too!!! I think Discovery should have its own channel dedicated 24-7 to sharks/ocean...it would be awesome!

My wife has been watching and is now worrying about my annual dive trip coming up in 10 days... Unfortunately I have not been able to watch--too busy.

I'm disappointed in the lack of symmetry. There are so many episodes on: Shark Attack; Shark Predators; Shark Attack Rescuers; 10 Deadliest Sharks; Shark feeding frenzies; Attacks in Cerife, Brazil... etc..
However, I've only seen one episode dedicated to the plight of the sharks... The finning off Costa Rica, and Papua... The decimation of 100 million sharks a year.... They keep saying what a shame that is, and how everyone's tagging sharks, but have yet to explain what the disappearance of sharks could mean to the ecological balance, and health of the marine ecosystem in general.

It's all fabulously interesting ('specially the diving sequences)... However, how 'bout a little less sensationalism, and a bit more of: "...this is what it would mean if the slaughter continues..."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom