Won a FREE Cruise at BTS...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubba105

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
...or maybe not.:(

Me, the guy who once won a dozen golf balls, the only thing I've ever won, only to open the box and find 6 balls :D. I couldn't win a raffle if I were the only entrant. Seems that free car that's being raffled in the entrance at BTS is to get names & phone numbers of unsuspecting people in order to perpetrate a fraud. Sundance Vacations is their name, the cruise is Celebrity Travel, not Celebrity Cruise Lines. Imagine my surprise when I checked the internet only to find out I was about to be scammed. :lotsalove: Well, a couple of other things besides my atrocious luck signaled me, namely, not wanting to give me their name or phone number to call them back & needing to have both marital partners present for the sales pitch, because they fear not having both signatures may void the lucrative contract they get you to sign. Please be careful.

Street Talk: A Timeshare Blog for News & Gossip » PENNSYLVANIA: September 28

I got one of those from the Florida Boat Show in Orlando. You have to pay the port and some other charges to get a cruise to Freeport, then get off the ship spend 2 days or so in freeport at whatever they are called this week, then take the ship back right? After the sales pitch.

they are calling me EVERY week. painful.

they are calling me EVERY week. painful.

next time they call say you really really really are interested and want to talk to them but you just need to do something quickly so can they wait on the phone for a few mins??

then put the phone on the coffee table and go about your normal life, ie; have dinner, have a shower, read a book - i had a guy give up once at about 87mins :D

next time they call say you really really really are interested and want to talk to them but you just need to do something quickly so can they wait on the phone for a few mins??

then put the phone on the coffee table and go about your normal life, ie; have dinner, have a shower, read a book - i had a guy give up once at about 87mins :D

ill have to remeber that

I'm getting the calls to, but from Our World Underwater. I made the mistake of filling out a few entry forms at booths I had a definite interest in and now I'm getting 3 to 4 calls weekly telling me I have won, but the few I have called the bluff on and called back are just like the original poster stated.

Lesson learned. :lotsalove:

Hey Bubba105
I was sorry to read your post about Sundance Vacations above. We care about our reputation- so what could I do to change your mind? We are based in Wilkes Barre, Pa- have about 600 employees nationwide and put many, many travelers on vacation. I know an honest, hard working company is not nearly as sexy as uncovering the latest travel scam. You can find previous winners for the car giveaway on our website Sundance Vacations - Official Site (Our experience has been that everyone takes the money instead of the car.) You may have misinformation regarding the cruise. We don't use Celebrity Travel or Celebrity cruise lines. You can read the truth about Sundance Vacations on our blog. The Travel Report: The Truth About Sundance Vacations
Or email us and we'd be happy to answer any questions you have about our company. pr@vacmail.com

We have two properties in Hawaii (Maui and Molokai). Molokini crater used to beautiful 17 years ago- now it's been desimated by tourist fins. Happy diving.

Hey Sundance Vacations
I was sorry to see all the people posting on the internet about getting hosed by Sundance Vacations, Travel Advantage Network & Spirit Incentives. It seems there are a bunch of folks who are not too thrilled with the way you run your business. Try a google or yahoo search for yourself, quite an eye opener. I don't really think of short changing people as sexy but an interesting choice of words. As far as misinformation, that came from your representative. Celebrity Travel to Burmuda 5 day cruise is what I was told. Once I caught that, I knew my luck had prevailed. I must say, they are persistant. They called back today but after I explained that I had looked them up & there was no way I would ever sign any papers, I was hung up on. What, no cruise???

Oh, and about your blog, there are a bunch of people on these boards who are really great, just ask them. GMAFB

Below in red is from the attachment I posted. Is this your company? If so, do you deny the accusations? Are people really getting what they are supposed to get or are they being hosed? Would you want me selling something like this to your kids? Sure does smell like a scam to me.

The parent company of Sundance Vacations is Getaways, Inc. The following is a list of the Getaways corporate family members, according to the Sundance Web site: Dowd Marketing, Inc.; Sundance Vacations, Inc.; Sundance Vacations NA., Inc.; Sundance Vacations Network, Inc.; Sunstream Vacations, Inc.; Travel Promotions, Inc.; and Tri State Financial, Inc.
Sundance Vacations itself essentially operates as an enrollment center for Travel Advantage Network (TAN). For example; when Sundance Vacations “sells” 30 vacations for $12,000 (for what appears to be an average of $400 per week) Sundance retains the entire $12,000 (or whatever amount they can extract from the consumer). TAN gets none of that $12,000.
What TAN gets is the 30, or 20, or 10 year contract for $319 yearly membership fees, $99 as a “reservation fee” for every week booked, ($210 for “high season”, and 39 of the 52 weeks in a year are classified as “high season&#8221:wink:. TAN gets that lucrative contract at no expense to TAN, because Sundance incurs all expenses for the enrollment. Moreover, all of the above mentioned fees (which were accurate when I looked) are subject to increase and of course they DO increase. (In addition, the contract “locks-in” a weekly condo rate of $400/week for you to pay no matter where you go, when you go.)
Again: Sundance doesn’t sell vacations; they sell the “enrollment” to become a member of TAN that will in turn supply the vacations as a consolidator, providing the consumers are able to meet all the terms and conditions by which they must book that vacation.
(As an aside, the vacation cert used to pull in potential buyers is provided by Spirit Incentives. Google that for information on whether or not consumers think it’s worth the paper it’s printed on.)

LOL. yeah, will remember that....

Hey Bubba105
I was sorry to read your post about Sundance Vacations above. We care about our reputation- so what could I do to change your mind? We are based in Wilkes Barre, Pa- have about 600 employees nationwide and put many, many travelers on vacation. I know an honest, hard working company is not nearly as sexy as uncovering the latest travel scam. You can find previous winners for the car giveaway on our website Sundance Vacations - Official Site (Our experience has been that everyone takes the money instead of the car.) You may have misinformation regarding the cruise. We don't use Celebrity Travel or Celebrity cruise lines. You can read the truth about Sundance Vacations on our blog. The Travel Report: The Truth About Sundance Vacations
Or email us and we'd be happy to answer any questions you have about our company. pr@vacmail.com

We have two properties in Hawaii (Maui and Molokai). Molokini crater used to beautiful 17 years ago- now it's been desimated by tourist fins. Happy diving.

oh...ok ....THAT changes everything....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom