Womens WetSuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hiya,

I'm due to go for my first dive trip on 13th January to Hurghada, Egypt and I want to buy a wetsuit to take. I have researched on the net that the water temp will be about 21 - 23 C so I think I'm looking for a 5-6mm wetsuit. I would like a full body one (covers arms and legs but not feet and head) but I have got quite a big chest so I am concerned that to get one to fit properly there would mean that it is too loose everywhere else.

I live in the UK so I don't have the option of all these made-to-measure ones like all the lucky people in the USA. Does anyone have any recommendations in the UK or for brands that are more forgiving to the larger chested lady?

Ophelia

ophelia moonglow:
Hiya,

I'm due to go for my first dive trip on 13th January to Hurghada, Egypt and I want to buy a wetsuit to take. I have researched on the net that the water temp will be about 21 - 23 C so I think I'm looking for a 5-6mm wetsuit. I would like a full body one (covers arms and legs but not feet and head) but I have got quite a big chest so I am concerned that to get one to fit properly there would mean that it is too loose everywhere else.

I live in the UK so I don't have the option of all these made-to-measure ones like all the lucky people in the USA. Does anyone have any recommendations in the UK or for brands that are more forgiving to the larger chested lady?

Ophelia

If the Henderson Hyperstretch line is available where you are, I can recommend it. I had that very issue this past weekend. I tried on what felt like a hundred wetsuits. The only one I could find that fit comfortably everywhere was the HH. Everything else would fit in one place but not the other. If it fit in the chest, it was too baggy in the legs...and vice versa. I'm very happy with the Hyperstretch though.

wetrat:
Or you might try the Tilos Superstretch. My wife uses that suit and really likes it.

http://www.scubadestination.com/pro...xtreme_exposure_wetsuit_package_+_free_gifts/

Yeah, I tried that one too. It was better than others, but still was not as generous in the bust region as the HH.

The best thing I could advise is to try on everything you can. You never know, some suits may suprise you. If worse comes to worse you could probably contact Carolyn at Liquid Fit and see what she could do for you on a custom suit. I hear her work is excellent. I'm unsure if she does international stuff. Look around and check her out too.

I have to totally agree about the Henderson Hyperstretch. I have broad shoulders and a large chest without the big butt to go with it, and the only wetsuit that fits me comfortably is the Hyperstretch. I think I tried on every stretchy and non-stretchy suit last year in South Florida, but nothing came close to the comfort of the HH. My husband liked the comfort so much that he wound up buying one too, and he's not a hard to fit person!

Henderson Hyperstretch all the way!

The suit is very forgiving, in any woman's "problem" areas. I wouldn't trade mine for any other wetsuit. Excellent warmth and comfort!!!

I am also big in the bust and narrow in the hips, and the Hyperstretch did not work for me. I am apparently the only person in the world whom the HH didn't fit! I advocate going to a shop that carries a few models and just try them on. You never know what will work. I ended up with a Henderson Gold Core. It fits me perfectly and I love it.

The thing I love about my Liquid fit suits is that they are contured to fit me in the breast. I'm a bit top heavy and everything I tried on was either too big in the hips or ttoo tight in the chest. Finding a wetsuit to fit was a very frustrating adventure. All of my suits are out of the superstretch material and I could not be happier!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom