Women's BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have been shopping a couple of times now and she hasn't found a women's BC she really like yet. In the running is the Sea Quest Pro non-weight integrated bc. However, I think she is going to give a weight integrated back inflate a try in a pool soon.

My wife and 13 year old daughter recently did their first real diving with me off Cuba's Isla de la Juvetud and Playa Giron in their new (large and medium sized) Ladyhawks. They both fit well and very comfortably , looked great and functioned extremely well, on the surface and at all depths down to 137 feet.

While they don't always have *all* the latest bells and whistles the quality of the materials and workmanship on SP BC's is really impressive. I used a classic that must be close to 20 years old, and still works flawlessly (though it could stand a few features like integrated weights, more dump valves, etc, etc!--it was a real joy to borrow the kid's LH for one dive she sat out!). For me, the easy to use and adjust cam system is the clinching argument for at least taking a really good look, or better yet, trying out a LadyHawk.

But then I'm sure the the Seaquest and other top makes also fit and function well: I'd just stay away from anything really gadgety and over-featured, like some of the Mares jackets seem to be...or have been for a while.

erichk
paying for his vacation in freezing saskatoon, canada

She was certified with a jacket.

When we got married, I took her into an LDS to get a BC - she gravitated to the ScubaPro Ascent. She had to get an XS to get one that fit...they run so big.

Not safe.

After about 3 seasons, I took her shopping agin, and she tried on a Libra. She's really tall and narrow (not curvy) and most of the "women's" BC's didn't fit her body type.

The Libra from SeaQuest was her choice. Simply put, its a Balance with higher cut arms and shorter straps. Its the most comfortable BC she's ever worn. She loves it. I mean loves it - wouldn't trade it for the world.

So now it looks like I'm going to a BP/W...it should be interesting to see if I can get her to try one (!)

Libra - it worked for Jaye.

K

I think she has decided on a Dive Rite Rec Pac. It fits well, doesn't weight a ton, and is very reasonably priced.

My wife's been diving the Diva LX. She loves the fit and womens cut on it. She wouldn't dive anything else.

BC's are one of those things that are really left up to personal level of comfort and opinion.

Good Luck and let us know how she likes her new set-up

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom