women vs men

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverbrian,
I should admit something, though: when I'm the only woman on a boat, it seems the men are pretty well-behaved. I think the presence of even one lady tends to make most men more aware of their profanity (of course, I have a tendancy to talk like a sailor once in a while so if I initiate it, guards are at least lowered it seems) and they usually wind up carrying things for me even if I'm taller than they. It just happens, though, and since I don't grab for the tank and say "I got it," they don't relent. [let's ignore the whole upper-body-strength thing here.] I might unabashedly call myself a feminist, but when a door is opened, I say "thank you." When someone wants to carry my gear, have at it... and many thanks. I'll quietly buy a round later on, et cetera.

You and I agree. Calling a dive is calling a dive. I wonder, though, if any women have also discovered that this wonderful activity of scuba can relieve many physical complaints around "that time of the month" in the same way that a shallow shore dive at twilight in Bonaire can alleviate a hangover... More women should test this theory!

Cheers.

I think women are better divers then men !! Joking! It really depends on the person. I did read somewhere that men mess up the most when they first learn to dive and get better as they go along. Now for the women divers its the opposite. It dosnt make sence to me. (LOL) I dont beleave any of it, like I said its all in the person that makes them a better diver or not ..... :)

An excerpt from an actualy conversation...

She sez: Psst. I think I just "started"..

My reply: Umm, gotta kitty cork?

She sez: Umm, yeah.

My reply: Did ya use it?

She sez: Well, yeah!

My reply: Cool, gear up and lets go...

I just returned from a dive vacation since I'm a solo diver I had a different buddy every day The best buddy I had out of the week was a female. The only thing that came to my head when the dive master buddied us up was when she told me hasnt dove in about a year. it came to see that that didnt matter she had excellent bouyancy control good trim and a great attentative buddy. I never gave a thought about what time of the month it was for her. or any of the issues being discussed on this thread. She told me she hasnt dove in about a year and if we started and she called the dive I would have thought it to be because of that fact not any other issue. So people need to get over it Women are great divers and even better buddies.

A side note to this I was concentrating so hard on her setting up her rig after she told me she hasnt dove in a year I forgot to hook up my bc hose. She noticed it. That is a good buddy. No male ego bruised by me and no issue came up it was a hardy Thank you by me and what could have been a disastrous situation avoided. I will dive with a female anytime regardless of the time of the month or any other issues.

Back
Top Bottom