Women Specific BC Opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try as many models in the water as you can. See if you can borrow from people. I personally dive a bp/w with OPH hog harness.

I was using a unisex one for the first 400 or so dives, but once I switched to ladies design and I have never gone back. The fit, lift and comfort is just completely different. I have tried a few styles and makes and I use a Seac sub, (the past 3 bcd have been that brand), I find it more comfortable than the others. This is my preference but it is best to try on as many as possible, borrow for a dive if you can and get the feel of what works for her best.

I think it depends on the person. Try on as many as you (she) can. I have only used rental stuff so far for cert and a couple of dive trips (super new diver here), but I hated the fit of the jacket BCDs that I wore for all of those circumstances. To fit my bust and shoulder, the jacket would hang well below my hip, obstructing movement. I also always felt like the BC was shifting around on me and I was constantly trying to get it tighter. I did try an Aqualung Lotus i3 with the wrapture harness system at the LDS. For me it was a great fit and so much lighter and more comfortable than the jacket BCs I rented. However, I did a lot of research and thinking and decided to go full out BPW as I like that I could adjust it however I wanted and I wouldn't have as much clutter in the chest region. That aside, for me if I didnt go BPW I would have gone Zeagle Zena or with the Lotus.

I used to use the Zeagle Tech for primary bcd. My challenge has not been to "fit the DD girls", but to keep the bc from ending up under my armpits. I have a short back, and quite the hour-glass figure. So Keeping the bc waistbelt staying where men would keep it was always a struggle.

Now... I use a Halcyon BPW setup, and won't look back... I LOVE IT!!! It stays where it is supposed to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom