Women Divers - Would You Wear ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShootingUnderwater.com

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
I was just asked an interesting question by a group of male divers. This question applies to women in the sport - Would you wear a one-piece neoprene bathing suit under your wetsuit?

If I have any responses, I'll post my answer.

~ Ronda

Why??

My wife would if it was " HOT LOOKING".....

The question would be why? If you need greater core protection and don't mind the added buoyancy, I could see that. There are also spring suits that have long sleeves but no legs. Personally, I wouldn't find it necessary.

For extra warmth wear a 3/5 hooded vest under or over your wet suit. Wear whatever bathing suit you want under your wetsuit, I like sports bikini's without ties or buckles to press against into skin.

Geez a lycra bathing suit is sticky enough (after dives). Can't imagine a neoprene bathing suit. Now having said that, what mm are we talking and anything chance it could be a tankini instead?

Last edited:
neoprene bathing suit, wth makes that, do they even exist?

My wife has worn her 3mm wetsuit under her drysuit...not quite the same though...

If I just wanted something on under a wetsuit or skin, for when I take it off, neoprene sounds like a lousy choice - hot, slow drying, less comfortable than lycra, probably harder to get on and off. If I wanted a thermal layer, any kind of typical bathing suit design wouldn't make an effective one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom