Wolverine portable storage device?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All very impressive. In the $2-300 range, the smaller models sound just as useful. I seldom have more than a week to travel anyway, which would almost surely fit on 60g. I checked in the specs on the B & H site, and it does support the Oly RAW, plus almost all the other major brands (Nikon, Canon, etc.) Anniversary still coming. Hmm, lens or storage?

Larry C:
All very impressive. In the $2-300 range, the smaller models sound just as useful. I seldom have more than a week to travel anyway, which would almost surely fit on 60g. I checked in the specs on the B & H site, and it does support the Oly RAW, plus almost all the other major brands (Nikon, Canon, etc.) Anniversary still coming. Hmm, lens or storage?
At least the 40GB model I have (no screen) uses a standard laptop hard drive, so if I want more space down the road, I can just replace the drive. I think I even saw instructions from Wolverine on how to do this. (Nothing more complicated than open, replace, close, and select format). That's very nice to see from a company.

Hmmm. I like this. I still have a spare 60 gig HD from my laptop. This device could be just what I need as I hate lugging around the laptop everywhere.

You guys have no idea how much better it makes me feel to see positive responses. I was wondering why I had never heard of these things...thinking I was some behind-the-times sucker unaware of a major glitch...imagining getting on the liveaboard to some guy 20 years my senior with a huge camera setup who'd take one look at my Wolverine and say derisively, "Hey, you know those things are renowned for losing half of what's put on 'em..."

Aaaahhhh.

Well, I will post about the thing when we get back (I refuse to think about that right now)...

Back
Top Bottom