WolfEel and Powell River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kwissie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I haven't been online much lately, but I wanted to post about my trip to Powell River.

Wolf Eel is a great guy and a great diver... we had lots of fun diving with him. It was awesome of him to take us along to some of the good dive sites. He tried hard to find me an octopus to see, but the one he found was being shy.

We did the Mermaid which was awesome, and we had some great vis that day. We also did a Marina in Lund and and the Malahat. I wish I had of had a drysuit as it was a wee bit chilly, but other than that I have no complaints! Great dives and great company made for a wonderful trip. We look forward to going back again.

We stayed at the Ocean Point B&B, which I highly recommend to anyone headed up that way. The breakfast there will fill you up for the whole day.

Derek.... you'll be happy to learn I now have my advanced and have done my drysuit orientation!! No more cold icky wetsuits for me. Thanks for everything.

Christine

Yes Derek knows how to put on a good time. I showed up for a dive with him on Nov. 4th and he managed to find a very friendly sea lion. She was very curious and played with us for about half the dive. Amazing creature to watch underwater. At various times she got within 4' of us. Very cool! For those of you who haven't dove in Powell River, you should put this spot on your short list.

Powell River, Hornby Island off the beach of Comox all awesome dives

[KwissieI haven't been online much lately, but I wanted to post about my trip to Powell River.

Wolf Eel is a great guy and a great diver... we had lots of fun diving with him. It was awesome of him to take us along to some of the good dive sites. He tried hard to find me an octopus to see, but the one he found was being shy.

We did the Mermaid which was awesome, and we had some great vis that day. We also did a Marina in Lund and and the Malahat. I wish I had of had a drysuit as it was a wee bit chilly, but other than that I have no complaints! Great dives and great company made for a wonderful trip. We look forward to going back again.

We stayed at the Ocean Point B&B, which I highly recommend to anyone headed up that way. The breakfast there will fill you up for the whole day.

Derek.... you'll be happy to learn I now have my advanced and have done my drysuit orientation!! No more cold icky wetsuits for me. Thanks for everything.

Christine]

Thank you so much. I had so fun much while you where up here !! Yea the marina sucks but I keep getting told it is a excellent dive site ????????? I hear with good viss and light there is loads of life.
Excellent job on the advanced. Now you can enjoy our cold water dry. The best part is on cold raining days your dry and getting back into the suit does not suck. Plus you are sooo much warmer. Glad to hear about your course now your ready for DIR-F. If and when they run a course I am going to be heading down that way maybe we could get your Hubby into it and we could take a dive course and trully learn how to dive. OH god I'm preaching DIR help.

Thanks again for the dives it is allways a pleasure to take people out on a dive to new areas for them. You and Ross are welcome anytime.

[Overxpossed
At various times she got within 4' of us. Very cool! For those of you who haven't dove in Powell River, you should put this spot on your short list.]

Thanks again Jock a visit with you is allways grand. So you liked my girl friend sexy blues eyes and that oh so soft skin :11ztongue It was cool !!. that dive has been the best viss yet. !! the lion was huge eh. The puget king crab was a sight also. I love that dive site. Next time we are going to have to try and go north. Thanks again for such a relaxed dive.

I just got back from a dive to the north of the Mermaid awesome ! can hardly wait to take somebody there !! loads of life well at least for our area :hert:
But Ryan and I had a cool surprise unlike the one Overxpossed and I met this one almost crashed into us !!! She came out of nowhere and had to flare to stop it was COOL she was less then 1 foot from my face very scary. You know how they say not to blow bubbles well I kept trying to turn my head and breath and then I would look back and there she was. !! Ryan almost crapped his pants. He became a extention of my body where I went he did. I moved my elbow and brushed her !!!. She stayed with us for at least fifteen mins and was with in a foot most of the time sur real. When she would take off it moved us both ! it was beyond. I am glad that Ryan was there to be my witness. We also had a harbour seal(2) booking around at the same time. I was wondering if they may be dinner for the lion. ? I must say to have something that big hanging out with you is a gift. It was a great dive. Scotch fur point is coming soon. only untill the bulls come and then out of the water I go. Way too much of a chance for me.

If anybody comes this way. Dive from the ramp and head north at about 50' then after about ten minutes you will come accross all kinds of ledges that are full of schools of fish and stuff excellent visual effects with the viss being soo good now !You can see how it was carved by water years past. Really cool.

Thanks again both of you for your very nice comments and you are all welcome anytime.
And if you get a chance to dive with Kwissie and Ross or Overxpossed do it they are great people to be around.

Back
Top Bottom