woah!.. rain much?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alex, AAA diving says his dingy was full and three boats have sunk at Keahi.
the streams were POURING white water onto the highway around Nui valley at six am.

Happy to report that my boat wasn't one of the three! I did see one on the 400 pier on the bottom. Owners were trying to raise it but their efforts didn't seem to be going too well.

I was really worried about mine since we are doing repairs on the hatches and companionway right now. Nothing but a tarp covering a huge, gaping hole (3 ft. by 5 ft.). Bilge was pretty full. I've seen worse on this boat though when the cockpit scuppers got clogged. We've got to get this work finished!!!!!!:(

Those little reflective bumps on the medians don't do a damn thing.
And is it me, or does everywhere else in the country have road paint that has a reflective additive in it? Driving home through the torrent last night was...exciting.
yeah, night driving here is a challenge [or am i just gettin' ol']..
then, throw in some downpours with 6 months of oil build-up on the roads since the last good rains.. and you can have a blast driftin' 'round the turns :11:

Why has no one mentioned the light show? I just love electrical storms.
.. 'already called our early morning dive.
something about lightning and open water.. baaaad :11:
SEE.. the thunder AND lightning was mentioned :D

btw.. i figured out hawaii is -5 hours from eastern-time :lotsalove:
inmaREHI_.gif

yeah, night driving here is a challenge [or am i just gettin' ol'].

It has nothing to with getting old! I've always found driving in the rain at night here quite challenging. I never thought it had anything to do with the type of the road paint that they use here though. I've been driving most of my life here though so I didn't have much to compare it to. And when I go to the mainland, my husband does most of the driving.

I always thought the problem was that there was so much water on the road that was reflecting the lights that made it confusing and thus challenging.

On Yesterday's dive we all stopped suddenly and started looking around for the boat going overhead. We looked, but saw nothing. Finally we realized we were listening to the rain on the surface of the water 40 ft below it. Sounded like rain on a tin roof, never heard that before or expected it to be that loud underwater - So amazing.

Aloha, Tim

Wow sounds like I picked a good week to take off for DEMA! I hope the run-off on Maui isn't too bad. I heard from friends that the south swell has been rolling in real big too! Get it over with...I've got bubbles to blow this weekend! I hope you're all not too soggy in Kihei.

Sounded like rain on a tin roof, never heard that before or expected it to be that loud underwater - So amazing.
yea...recently when I shot an underwater scattering, the fire boat sprayed the celebration with huge torrents of water and I experienced that. It looked like a ice at the surface.

Lisa, glad your boat survived all that.

Look forward to months of pot holes, peeps.

I always thought the problem was that there was so much water on the road that was reflecting the lights that made it confusing and thus challenging.

That and the fact that many, many drivers in Honolulu have no idea how to safely drive in anything heavier than a drizzle.

Sunday was a good day - enforced laziness. Too cold/rainy to swim, didn't want to drive anywhere. I decided to play domestic goddess and made a cherry pie, though.

enforced laziness.

hmmm..did you make the crust too?

I made turkey chili for my tribe.

:eyebrow:
enforced laziness.

Enforced laziness for me, hubby had to work Navy Reserves. He said that the parking lot by the Reserve Center was 2 1/2 feet deep and Quick Field was just a lake. He came home at lunch to get our Pathfinder with the big offroad wheels! There were two cars in the parking lot too. One a government vehicle and a personal car that had water halfway up the doors!

Back
Top Bottom