WKPP dive reports and photo galleries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffG:
Yep. Its an odd but nice piece of gear. We put our extra battery pack in front of our can light.
You guys wear these "electric shirts" also? To wild....

The avatar, is that you as a kid? Good one regardless. :D

ToddL:
I guess you caught us on the bolt snap. We'll throw that guy off the team immediately, and make sure everyone else signs up for ScubaBoard to learn how it's really done.

ROTFLMAO

Jason B:
You guys wear these "electric shirts" also? To wild....
We use a 21W heatpad.
Jason B:
The avatar, is that you as a kid? Good one regardless. :D
Kindergarten picture. The kinder more gentler Jeff :wink:

lamont:
stage bottles are also on the right. i thought the image might have been reversed, but the argon bottle is on the left side.
They look to be on a leash. So not for immediate deployment.

Edit: After a relook. They might be the supply tanks for the RB80.

With exploration reels the emphasis is on deployment, and not usually on winding the line back up again. We tend to put on as much line as possible, out to the limits of the spool. A little duct tape around a full reel is added security that the line will stay put on the ride in. Imagine how infuriating it would be to spend weeks planning and setting up a dive, and upon reaching the end of the line find your reel is a giant birds nest. No way we're going to take a chance on that. (We also bring at least one more exploration reel than we think we'll use.)

Stages and drive bottles do indeed go on the left. They are used on the left, and they are transported on the left. However, now and then we'll clip something off on the right temporarily. I do this a lot when I get back to deco and I'm waiting for the deep greet team to show up... I'll sort through all the bottles and scooters I'm carrying, leave the stuff I want to keep in the normal position on the left, and transfer the stuff I want to get rid of to one or more loops on the right. Then, when support arrives, there's no time wasted... just reach back, hand off all that crap, and relax. The picture you guys are looking at is somewhere in the first 20ft, as one of the breather divers is inbound. He's just got his bottom gas (which is not in use) clipped off there temporarily, my guess is he moved them simply because he got them hung up going through the hydrilla jungle near the beach. We'll usually rally at the habitats (at 30ft) on the way in to make sure all gear is squared away before heading down to the 190 drop, which is where we'll switch to the bottom gas and "start the dive".

ToddL:
..to make sure all gear is squared away before heading down to the 190 drop, which is where we'll switch to the bottom gas and "start the dive".

Yeah, 190 is usually where I count the start of my dives too...

Thats just a little joke...
But serioulsy, congratulations on the really impressive work. It is quite awe inspiring to see what you guys are doing. Thanks for taking the time to post about it and explain what is going on.

Jasonmh:
Yeah, 190 is usually where I count the start of my dives too...

Thats just a little joke...
But serioulsy, congratulations on the really impressive work. It is quite awe inspiring to see what you guys are doing. Thanks for taking the time to post about it and explain what is going on.

well, what kind of dive *is* unless you start at at "least" 190 :)

excellent pics and write ups....

awesome dives... just too cool

on a personal note, i was happy to see Mark Messerchsmit's picture
on there (twice). he was one of three instructor candidates who
taught my DIR-F class. super guy. awesome instructor.

ToddL:
We'll throw that guy off the team immediately, and make sure everyone else signs up for ScubaBoard to learn how it's really done.

Just put Curtis on him. He should be in charge of compliance issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom