With whom and Where to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shoturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

The wife and I are heading to Singapore and then Batam Indonesia. Just want to see if anyone have any good recommendation for a dive op and what would be the best dive sites? Any help would be great. Thanks:D

Hi Shoturtle,

If you are open to travelling out of Singapore, you might want to consider Pulau Tioman, Pulau Dayang, Pulau Perhentian or Pulau Redang in Malaysia. These islands are located at the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia. However you need to either take a short flight or an overnight bus trip to these locations. Right now it is a monsoon season (Nov - Feb). The weather will clear up starting Feb of which some dive resorts commence operations again. You can consider East Malaysia (Mataking, Mabul, Layang-Layang) but you need about 3 hours flight from Singapore.

I'm not too sure about diving in the Batam area. Alternatively you might want to consider Bali. Raja Empat, Madano or even Komodo.

Hope this helps! =)

Thanks,

We will also be travel up to Kuala Lumpur for 4 days. I was going to be staying in Singapore for 4 days then Batam for about 3 days and stop in Bangkok for 2 days. So I am looking to stay close to Singapore area.

Thanks,

We will also be travel up to Kuala Lumpur for 4 days. I was going to be staying in Singapore for 4 days then Batam for about 3 days and stop in Bangkok for 2 days. So I am looking to stay close to Singapore area.

Thats a busy schedule. I have not heard of any recomendations for diving around Singapore, and the obvious Malaysian islands are having their monsoons.
Unless you are prepared to go futther afield then I think you may be out of luck.

Why are you going to Batam???? for work? you mentioned that you are going with your wife so obviously not for under aged prostitutes......if not for work, skip Batam. wasting your time.

Why are you going to Batam???? for work? you mentioned that you are going with your wife so obviously not for under aged prostitutes......if not for work, skip Batam. wasting your time.

Bintan i meant, it is just a day trips from singapore. Not going to be a full diving vacation, we always want to see the sites more then the diving. It was in the travel info that my wife was looking at. My days is each place is flexible, not tie down.

No prostitutes that is so in moral in my opinion. :D

Thats a busy schedule. I have not heard of any recomendations for diving around Singapore, and the obvious Malaysian islands are having their monsoons.
Unless you are prepared to go futther afield then I think you may be out of luck.

The days in each place is flexible, if there is no nice diving in singapore. I will just leave my gear home. On less bag to tote around. Thanks

NO nice dive in Singapore worth bringing gears all the way from Germany. but if you guys are coming after end Feb. you can dive in Tioman or Aur (Malaysia). that is the closest from Singapore you can get decent diving. Bintan diving is not good...., I don't know if there's any dive op still there.....you can enjoy golfing or spa.... that's about it. you have to pay US$5 or 10 for visa on arrival.

NO nice dive in Singapore worth bringing gears all the way from Germany. but if you guys are coming after end Feb. you can dive in Tioman or Aur (Malaysia). that is the closest from Singapore you can get decent diving. Bintan diving is not good...., I don't know if there's any dive op still there.....you can enjoy golfing or spa.... that's about it. you have to pay US$5 or 10 for visa on arrival.

I will be there the last 2 weeks of feb. So it is not worth tugging the gear all the way form NYC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom