wisdom teeth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NE_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Getting them ripped out tomorrow afternoon. Im not worried about tomorrow. but I am a bit concerned about diving after. The oral surgeon said my top two are close to the sinuses.

Has any one had any problems after getting their wisdom teeth removed?

You didn't ask, but I'll offer: Get them all out at once. You will thank yourself later, much later...

NO DIVING for 3+ weeks (you will know when), -then like it never happened.

I had all 4 of mine taken out awhile ago. They were a 1/4 inch under my gums so i had to have them surgically removed. No issues with diving. But just like lowviz said. No diving for about 3 or 4 weeks.

In 2 weeks im having my tonsils removed so no diving for 3 or 4 weeks for me too.

What they said...

Have 'em all out, if you can...
Not a big deal... lay off the diving for a few weeks... and then you're good to go...

In 2 weeks im having my tonsils removed so no diving for 3 or 4 weeks for me too.

Mark,
I had that done a couple of years ago along with a UPPP. Buy lots of Boost and (no kidding) baby food. The Gerber organic fruits in the square plastic containers are especially nice. You will not be able to eat anything solid or remotely acidic for a couple of weeks - orange juice feels like a Visigoth rammed a broadsword through the back of your throat. Recommend you ask your surgeon to give you both oxycodone and vicodin, and then alternate the two. Also recommend you ask for a prescription of phenergan or equivalent for nausea because vomiting afterwards is, well, worse than orange juice. Good luck!
Eric/DDM

no problems. all of them are gone. just waiting for some soft food to get here. im starving right now

Jello is your friend!

Excellent! Now, I’ll finish my post. :D

Had three remaining wisdom teeth removed, one simple and two impacted ones that were giving me problems. One of the impacted ones left a piece of root behind when it finally let go. (Much harder on the oral surgeon than it was on me –he knew from the start that it was going to be bad so I got general anesthesia.) Long story short, exposed one of the two larger nerves in that area. This meant that he had to finish the retrieval without so much as touching the nerve. Ask an oral surgeon how much fun that is. Great doc, undamaged nerve and no problems. Things got a lot better when they could remove the stitches. Worst part of the whole experience? – I thought that my own breath was going to kill me.

Very happy to hear of the good outcome, chipmunk. :wink:

Jello is your friend!

Shake 'n Bake porkchops in a blender aren't bad either...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom