Wisdom 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I am fairly new to diving and am in the process of buying all of my equipment. I live in Boston MA and have done the majority of my diving off of Rockport/Gloucester which is about an hour north of Boston. The water has typically been between 50-60 degrees near the surface, I was out a week ago and around 50 feet I got a reading of 39 degrees. I would like to go to some tropical areas and do some diving and I was also considering diving off of the bottom of Argentina and down by Antartica. I only got certified this summer and was also thinking of continuing to dive a few times this winter. I would like to eventually become an instructor at some point down the road.

I was thinking of purchasing a Wisdom 3 dive computer. I have heard great things about the Wisdoms and I found someone on Craigslist who buys up dive equipment from shops when they go under and he has one for sale that I was thinking of purchasing. My only concern would be whehter I would still be able to get a warranty because it is not coming directly from a dealer. He is selling the computer for half the regular market price so I was wondering if this is a good deal even if I can't get a warranty. Has anyone had any issues with the Wisdom 3 that would be a reason to not buy one without a warranty? Does anyone know if I can still get any sort of warranty from this because it is brand new in box or am I limited because it is no longer coming straight from a dealer?

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom