wire buckle quick release for backplate harness with crotchstrap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was a Captain in USAF during the Korean war . I do not recall seeing or using the British QRBs.
Could it be that the USAF has incorporated the British unit into the USAF inventory?

The ones we modified for diving had the British crown on it --that is the reason we called it British...some one said it was used by the British air borne troops --but who knows ?
(this reads like Forrest Gump composed it )

sdm

I was in the South African Air Force. We used a lot of the British gear over the years. The ones we had had the "Turn to unlock, press to release" stamping on them.

I was in the South African Air Force. We used a lot of the British gear over the years. The ones we had had the "Turn to unlock, press to release" stamping on them

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My description was based on a memory of events and equipment I attempted to use 60 or perhaps 65 years ago..

It had to be as you described "Turn to unlock, press to release"

So you are an Afrikaner ! My hat is off to you ! I certainly admire Afrikaners

I have seen the movie "Zulu" a number of times -- about the battle of Rooks (S) Drift and the 14 VCs awarded at that battle.
I also hunted down a read the books Washing of the spears which is about the reign of Shaka Zulu

Thanks again for clarifying my hazy memory of the buckle

SDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom