Wing Choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the Oxycheq Signature series wing. One thing I didn't see posted in any of the responses and I wanted to ensure is clear to the original poster.

There are two basic types of wing. One for single tanks and one for doubles. You cannot safely use one for the other.

Quarrior:
I use the Oxycheq Signature series wing. One thing I didn't see posted in any of the responses and I wanted to ensure is clear to the original poster.

There are two basic types of wing. One for single tanks and one for doubles. You cannot safely use one for the other.

I'm only looking for a single tank wing now. Later on I do want to dive doubles, but when I cross that bridge I'll just buy a second wing

I know he's enough of a stand-up kind of guy that he won't pat himself on the back, so I'll do it for him:

Tobin (cool hardware 52) at Deep Sea Supply makes incredible stuff. Work of art does not go far enough to describe it.

And since you're in SoCal, it shouldn't be that far to drive to show up in person, and get fitted for the right size plate and wing. And for singles, his plates & wings have all the little things that make a huge difference.

All the best, James

I highly recommend Oxycheq.
The owner of the company, Patrick Duffy, has a vast amount of dive experience and uses the knowledge he has gained to develop his wings. Dive Rite , OMS and other companies I am sure have the experience as well, but what set Oxycheq apart for me was Patrick's accessibility. Although I bought the wing through ScubaToys, I had several Discussions with Patrick who helped me choose my wing. The oxycheq website has a contact phone # and it is usually Patrick who picks it up. (Oxycheq.com).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom