Windy Point report May 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIXXERVI6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Vis down to about 80 feet was actually really good, on the way down vis was low, I assume we swam through or near an OW training area because on the way back up we had to have been sporting at least 12 feet.

Below 80 feet it just got worse and worse, probably a foot on the bottom, 1.5 max, could see the glow of the 35 watt HID's a few feet away.

Goal was to go add line to the GTT line from last years dives. somehow we overshot the final drop off that goes to the river bed and ended up out in the river bed. Turned around and swam back right into the final drop off, we must have swam down through some ramp part of the final wall because there were no drop offs on the way down.

Turned and swam out the wall looking for the line, swam for a long time, never found it, so either we swam right by it, or its not there. Considering how bad the vis was I would suspect we swam right by it.

69.4 surface temp 56.8 degrees on the bottom

Vis down to about 80 feet was actually really good, on the way down vis was low, I assume we swam through or near an OW training area because on the way back up we had to have been sporting at least 12 feet.

Below 80 feet it just got worse and worse, probably a foot on the bottom, 1.5 max, could see the glow of the 35 watt HID's a few feet away.

Goal was to go add line to the GTT line from last years dives. somehow we overshot the final drop off that goes to the river bed and ended up out in the river bed. Turned around and swam back right into the final drop off, we must have swam down through some ramp part of the final wall because there were no drop offs on the way down.

Turned and swam out the wall looking for the line, swam for a long time, never found it, so either we swam right by it, or its not there. Considering how bad the vis was I would suspect we swam right by it.

69.4 surface temp 56.8 degrees on the bottom

Thanks for the post.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom