Windy Point Report from 08/24/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hemlon

Contributor
Reaction score
I spent Friday afternoon at Windy Point public. It was such a gorgeous day. It's nice to see the sun shining again!

Dive #1: 28 mins. Max depth: 62 ft. From the surface down to about 15 ft, the water was just plain crummy. Below 15-ish ft, it opened up nicely and progressively.

Dive #2: 14 mins. Max depth: 102 ft. Same conditions as prev dive in regard to vis. This dive was purposefully short...just a bounce dive, really. I wanted to chew up some remaining air from the tank.

Dive #3: 31 mins. Max depth: 113 ft. Same vis as above. I followed one of the chains down to its end and then descended for a few more feet. It was shocking how clear the vis was at this depth! Slight deco obligation during this dive which was met.

Last year, Shaggie and were at similar depths and we were very much in the pecan trees. But this year, with the lake so high, there were NO trees to be seen. Nice!

These were the first dives with the new pony. I am very pleased with the set-up so far. The transition was not as big as I had expected. My trim was affected slightly but that was managed easily.

Thanks for the report....I am assuming you were solo dipping,, and tell about the new gear! :D :wink:

My son and I dove mansfield park at the cove and at the dive area. The vis around 50 feet was 15-20 feet. At the shallow sailboat I could see from the stern to passed the cabin towards the bow. Water temp in the 80s. Everyone have fun out there this weekend!

texdiveguy:
Thanks for the report....I am assuming you were solo dipping,, and tell about the new gear! :D :wink:

Yep...just me for these dives. Although I must say, WP was pretty busy for a weekday. It was nice to see such a varied group of divers.

The new gear is a 19 cf pony bottle with Zeagle BC attachment. It feels like it will be a good set-up.

How about you? Any new gear in Alan's garage?

The Little Silver Girl is just green with Envy Donna . She was chompin' at the harness when she heard your report.

Alan has been in Memphis, TN. just livin' the life of the Gentry eatin' Elvis Addition Peanut Butter & Banana Reese's Cups in Gold Foil !!

He didn't even bring me any of them back !

Timeliner:
The Little Silver Girl is just green with Envy Donna . She was chompin' at the leash when she heard your report.

Bring her out! My pony just loves girls that are into bondage. The Little Silver Girl will be gentle, right?
:confused:

'Just sent her out to the Nail Parlor today. She came back with those Verneers I think they call them. She had them sharpened on one side so I don't have to carry 3 dive knives anymore just 2.
She's at that age these days.... Same measurements Top, Middle & Bottom.
You know....She's skinny but she trys to act real tough.
She's 'kinda mad at me lately and in an act of rebellion has been holding her breath for weeks.
:shakehead:

Interesting sequence of dives. You subscribe to the deepest dive last theory? :D

I'm just messing with you,dont take offence.

Good to see that the viz at depth is good. Hoping to get out myself on Sunday

Timeliner:
'Just sent her out to the Nail Parlor today. She came back with those Verneers I think they call them. She had them sharpened on one side so I don't have to carry 3 dive knives anymore just 2.
She's at that age these days.... Same measurements Top, Middle & Bottom.
You know....She's skinny but she trys to act real tough.
She's 'kinda mad at me lately and in an act of rebellion has been holding her breath for weeks.
:shakehead:

:rofl3:

She sounds pretty tough. Take that girl diving before she gets mad!

Glad you got a pony to ride!! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom