Windy Point or Mansfield???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chucksaul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Will be headed out of the Pines to Austin Friday pm and curious which is better right now Windy Point or Mansfield Dam or is it a toss-up... Have done WP already but loved it and dont mind at all going back...

Thanks

Charlie

I've been at WP for the last couple of weekends, but the vis has been better at Mansfield every time I've been out there this year. I usually stick pretty close to the dam...if that makes a difference I don't know. If you're really interested in vis you might want to try chartering with Buba Dives. It's only $30/person for a two tank dive. 512-809-3925...he runs a good operation and will take you to the clearest water. :) Let me know if you have any questions about how he runs his trips and I'll fill you in best I can.

Try both!

My buddy and I were out at Mansfield on Saturday. We dove down the face of the dam running along the slope from shore. As we did, we startled something pretty big at 40 ft. The plume of silt was amazing and it just kept going down the same direction we were headed. Later I blamed it on my buddy's poor kicking but he assured me it was not him...LOL

Anyway, we hit 156. The vis was really not that great regardless - 5-10ft. Water temps were still in the mid to low 70s though.

I noticed one thing I had never seen before. At the base of one of the gates closest to shore, there is a sign that reads, "No Construction Traffic." Has anyone ever seen this sign before?

thanks

Layne

Back
Top Bottom