Windy Point or Blue Lagoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yesterday, amid the natural fireworks for the 4th (lightning), vis would be generously described as two foot at Blue Lagoon.

CrateCookie:
Yesterday, amid the natural fireworks for the 4th (lightning), vis would be generously described as two foot at Blue Lagoon.

Which lagoon?

ReefHound:
Which lagoon?
Lagoon 1. It was mostly runoff since it was worse around the edges of the lagoon and there were not many people stirring things up.

We will be at BL this Saturday. Is one lagoon better than the other? If so, why? Will anyone else be out there? :14:

Also, can anyone direct me to a dive shop close to BL? We need to buy a few more essentials before we get there.

Thanks!

Jumpergirl:
We will be at BL this Saturday. Is one lagoon better than the other? If so, why? Will anyone else be out there? :14:

Also, can anyone direct me to a dive shop close to BL? We need to buy a few more essentials before we get there.

Thanks!

Both lagoons are pretty nice, I tend to prefer #2 because it is usually quieter. I'd suggest driving to one, getting in with a snorkel and fins to check viz, if it's OK dive it, if not try the other lagoon.

If you are coming up from Houston, there is Sea Sports and Kickady Scuba in the Woodlands, directly on the feeder on opposite sides of I-45, between the Rayford and Woodlands Pkwy cross roads.

ReefHound:
Both lagoons are pretty nice, I tend to prefer #2 because it is usually quieter. I'd suggest driving to one, getting in with a snorkel and fins to check viz, if it's OK dive it, if not try the other lagoon.

If you are coming up from Houston, there is Sea Sports and Kickady Scuba in the Woodlands, directly on the feeder on opposite sides of I-45, between the Rayford and Woodlands Pkwy cross roads.

Great advice! Thanks a bunch. :)

As for the dive shops, I've got those marked, but we're coming in from Dallas. We won't be able to go t Houston to the dive shop, then back to BL. Are there any closer to BL or North of it? We're going to a place here in Dallas today, but just in case we can't find what we need/want there, it would be nice to have a backup. :)

I'm not aware of any dive shops in Huntsville or on the way from Dallas, and it would add 1 to 1.5 hours driving to go to Woodlands and back up. What were you needing to get? BL does rent tanks and do air fills.

What time were you going to be there tomorrow? I *might* be able to make it early, if the wife doesn't have secret plans for me for the weekend.

We will need to rent tanks and weights and 1 BC. I got an email from BL and they said they have full rentals on the weekend. I guess that would include a BC, right? I'll email them again and confirm the BC rental.

We're thinking about getting up early and heading down there. It's about 3 hours for us, I think. We're heading to Houston, anyway, so this is just a sidetrip for us. :D I can't tell you exactly what time we'll be there, though. I can tell you that we have a big box truck and are towing a small (motorcycle) trailer behind it and we have Florida tags. :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom