Windows XP Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hemlon:
The problem has already been resolved. See above.
Got that, but forgot to mention it - this was for anyone else who runs into this in the future. These tools do in fact work and are reasonably easy to use.

There is a program called ntpasswd that is very simple to use, you would simply burn it onto a cd from another computer and boot off of it. The menus are pretty simple to follow as well, http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

There is another way that requires your XP cd as well, so if anyone ever has this problem and the ntpasswd doesn't work, PM me and I'll be happy to find the process for you :)

frankc420:
There is a program called ntpasswd that is very simple to use, you would simply burn it onto a cd from another computer and boot off of it. The menus are pretty simple to follow as well, http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

There is another way that requires your XP cd as well, so if anyone ever has this problem and the ntpasswd doesn't work, PM me and I'll be happy to find the process for you :)
Oddly enough that is what I used to use, but it failed on the last one I tried while Windows Key worked. Also easier to use for non techies. However I have used ntpasswd for years and it works really well. Last one was a broken OS as well as not knowing the password so a bit of a cr*pshoot how I was going to get in or even if I was getting in. Something about no OS to locate - don't remember now but ntpasswd simply would not work.

Back
Top Bottom