Win Free Diving Package in Cayos Cochinos!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow... just so you know I have never been there diving or out of the country diving for that matter. I have been on scubaboard for a while now. I just don't do many posts. Now I'm getting bashed for knowing them and diving there all the time. Nice
I guess we never figured you when you posted

I don't always dive Out of the country but when I do I prefer Plantation Beach Resort....Stay wet my friends

We can all read the much more original posts, see the ones that got more likes, and of course those that do not live and teach in South Florida would certainly seem to have more of a need to dive, I missed the part where they were looking for some new motto

I did not realize they were looking for someone to come up with an un honest sales pitch, Afterall. their post about this the winner would be chosen
by popular vote based on originality, creativity, and need to dive. Comments and likes are appreciated in helping us come to a decision
If comments and likes came into play, others had more likes and certainly more originality

Last edited:
I thought it was clever take on the Dos Equis commercial featuring the most interesting man in the world

Oh that is:crafty: Of course if that was the intent then, imnsho, it sure does not fall into original and a halfhearted one line without even a pic is pretty far from creative but heck, I must appologize as the PBR guys must have really found it well done to overlook the others who wrote so much more, posted pics and had more"likes"
I knew I should have entered

Taco.jpg

Last edited:
if you did that in a video, and had a close match on the voice, you would probably packing for a free trip right now :)

if you did that in a video, and had a close match on the voice, you would probably packing for a free trip right now :)

Video Hell?
The winner didn't have a pic, If I had a video my whole extended family might have won a trip, Yet why enter to win a trip thats 15 or so miles from home?

---------- Post added April 16th, 2012 at 05:44 PM ----------

Of course if someone was really creative they could have picked up on Plantations Valet Service that according to them
Valet Dive Services (our dive team changes your gear before, during, and after every dive
OK, If they change it after a dive would they need to change it before the next or do they change it during a dive, if they change it before a dive why would they need to change it during a dive and if they change it before and during my dive then why change it after, And exactly what DO they change DURING the dive?

Just imagine the possibilites

Who changed My Gear?
During
During what?
During changed your gear
When?
Before,
Before what?
Before your dive
Before my dive what?
During changed your gear

.... Now I'm getting bashed for knowing them and diving there all the time. Nice

I don't think you were the subject of any bashing. With these new conflicting words....

Wow... just so you know I have never been there diving or out of the country diving for that matter.

I don't always dive Out of the country but when I do I prefer Plantation Beach Resort....Stay wet my friends.

I couldn't know that was meant in jest. If you felt any bashing, my apologies. It isn't really about you.

This was no less inexplicable that the calendar photo contest that Roatan Marine Park ran for 2010 (?)... that had some very, very elastic interpretations of the stated "rules"... way beyond extending the end date quite a few times.

In this case, PBR has followed their rules, except for the dates of announcing the winner. "Diving was crazy", so that might explain why this took so very long to make the announcement.

PBR is a nice option for enjoying the interesting diving of Cayos Cochinos. It should serve as a warning to all- stick to what you do and what you are good at. Skip running contests, post here on SB when questions arise about diving in Cayos.

Enough already. :deadhorse:

But I have enjoyed the movie clips.

Help! Help! Help me, Doc I fell down and can't get up!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::)

I hate to revive and beat a dead horse, and I hate to sound like a sore loser (believe me), but this mess still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It was worse than a funny little case of ineptitude. The manager of the resort knows the winner. [While the winner was quick to point out that he has never visited the resort, he does have a personal connection there. He clearly knows the person posting updates to the resort's Facebook page; they have been "Facebook friends" since 2010. A google search of the two names together turns up a third name who coincidentally posted to the resort's page in March that he was on his way to PBR as well.]

From what I can tell, the resort appears to have relatively new management. I'm guessing this contest was created by the resort's previous manager, probably hoping to generate some internet buzz for the resort. However, not too many people seemed to notice the contest; there were precious few entries. Some time before the winner was to be announced, the contest creator left the resort. The contest languished. Entrants questioned the resort about the status of the contest. The new manager punted and handed the prize to a friend.

Was the contest a good marketing idea? Apparently not. Did the spirit of the contest leave with the employee who created it? Apparently. Was there a better way out of it than announcing a "false" winner? I would think so. [The charity idea wasn't half bad.]

As it is, PBR should definitely stay out of the contest business if having their buddies visit them is the end game. It's shameful behavior and a huge waste of everyone's energy and time (including mine *again* as I write this).

Side note: The funny thing is, part of me is just bummed that what looked like a great place to visit (I wasn't kidding when I said it was on my short list) feels ruined now, even if it's just in my own eyes. My dad got it right, "If it looks too good to be true, kiddo, it is."

Back
Top Bottom