Win a Titan CCR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNav

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Simulator for Titan CCR is now available

Participate in the Titan Contest and you can win a Titan CCR.

Prize includes certification class with Jeff Bozanic.

DiveNav and Titan

Be forewarned that entering in this contest requires downloading and using a (somewhat buggy) Microsoft Windows-only application that simulates scuba diving. They start you off at a beginner level and will require you to spend hours and hours at this thing to get up to the point of presumably simulating the Titan CCR, hoping to get a chance to find the pieces to enter in the contest.

Ethan's not impressed that they didn't mention all this up front.

By "simulator" I figured it was something like the nicely-done Adobe Flash simulator of the Vision Electronics that AP sells. Not a real time single player online role playing game.

Be forewarned that entering in this contest requires downloading and using a (somewhat buggy) Microsoft Windows-only application that simulates scuba diving. They start you off at a beginner level and will require you to spend hours and hours at this thing to get up to the point of presumably simulating the Titan CCR, hoping to get a chance to find the pieces to enter in the contest.

Ethan's not impressed that they didn't mention all this up front.

By "simulator" I figured it was something like the nicely-done Adobe Flash simulator of the Vision Electronics that AP sells. Not a real time single player online role playing game.

Hi,
first of all the contest is well explained on our website ... including a video too.

Second, we have users that get through the 2 mandatory orientation dives (Orientation Pool and Open Water Orientation) in less than 30 minutes .... like in real diving there are people that gets it right away :) ... and there are people that require multiple tries :-(

Yes, the simulator has still some bug, but we are working hard to fix them :wink:

By the way the simulator has multiplayer capabilities too (so you can virtually dive with your friends).

Last but not least ... try to simulate in flash real dive sites with marine life, lights, water effects, physics and physiology.

Thank you for trying it.

AM

During the month of June we had 28 virtual divers finding 159 raffle tickets for the Titan Contest.

As you know, the grand prize is a TITAN CCR and includes training from Jeff Bozanic!

Keep looking for those raffle tickets ... there are plenty of them for everyone!

Alberto

Long Beach, CA, May 15, 2010
Titan Dive Gear and DiveNav, Inc. congratulate the winner of the Titan CCR Contest.

"I was really impressed with the detail of the eDive site. You might not get wet online but the procedural aspect of eDive is very realistic. A novice could learn quite a bit on this site about diving. The individual dive sites are great too. I dove the Spiegel Grove in the water and online and the graphic representation is very good" said Timothy Dunn, the winner of the Titan CCR, "I am looking forward to training with Jeff and seeing the Titan CCR in person. I had been considering CCR for about a year prior to the contest so it could not have worked out better for me. Thanks Titan and eDive!" he concluded.

"We have been extremely please to collaborate with Jeff Bozanic and Titan Dive Gear to develop full simulation of their innovative eCCR into eDiving", said Alberto Mantovani, CEO of DiveNav, "Everyone interested in the Titan CCR can now get familiar with its operation using the eDiving simulator", he added.

"Thanks to its compact size, back-mounted counterlungs and layers of safety features, the Titan CCR is poised to make a major impact in the diving rebreather community" said Dr. Randy Klein-Gross, Ph. D. from Titan Dive Gear.

"I am looking forward to train Tim on the Titan CCR," said Jeff Bozanic, "and show him the advantages of diving with a quality and reliable rebreather." he concluded.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom