Wilmington meg dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomfcrist

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anyone interested in a meg ledge trip with cape fear dive center in April? I'm figuring on a Saturday trip , 2 or 3 tank. Tried this last year and got hosed by my dive club "divers", so I figure ill extend the invite to all the scubaboarders.:cool:

Let me know.

Tom

$150 if its a 2 tank trip, 200 for a 3 tank.

I went out with these guys last year and killed it. Took probably $2500 in teeth, only 6 bigs, but lots of mediums and smalls. Found some rather large whale ear bones as well.

I'm going to give this a try in October. Could you please try to do a thread on your adventures?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure.

Backstory, I was working one w/e at the quarry and talked with a gent who had dove BOTH the river, and Wilmington, he said bar none, Wilmington was better for getting the fossils. He told me the name of a dive op, I can't remember it, but I will when I see it. I have to go to Wilmington for a wedding and plan on going earlier so I can take advantage of it. Dive safe.

Mitch

The river fossils are usually of higher value, but the trick is finding them intact. The ocean fossils are generally beat up, but more abundant.

Tom, Contact me in March...I've been trying to do the ledges up there for several years [use to do Venice, regularly until the viz went permanently bad ] but kept getting 'weathered' out....I'm doing caves now for fossils.......

tom, I'd defininitely would be interested. Possibly would be able to have another diver or two if needed and able to give them a bit advance notice. Some details as time gets closer would be great. Sorry to hear about your getting hosed by your dive club, then they wonder why you won't volunteer to lead a second trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom