Wilma video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amazing! We went back in April of that year and were so uplifted by all the work of the island community.

I had not seen this one before. Thank you for posting.. It is a very well done documentary! The resilience of the locals back in 2005 was amazing! It makes me feel hopeful that they have perseverance to survive this pandemic of 2020!

Thanks for posting Jlyle. I think I saw this years ago but good to see it again. I wish storms weren’t popping up this year in the Atlantic like a game of whack-a-mole. Just at peak of season and we are already at V “Vicky” in the alphabet .....

Thanks for posting Jlyle. I think I saw this years ago but good to see it again. I wish storms weren’t popping up this year in the Atlantic like a game of whack-a-mole. Just at peak of season and we are already at V “Vicky” in the alphabet .....[/QUOTE

Right after Wilma there was a big banner on the Coral Princess (attached) it was an inspiring time how everyone worked so hard to recover. Anyone for the translation?

Dave Dillehay
coral princess sign.jpg

We were in the eye of Wilma and now we are in the eyes of the world.We demonstrate our great force of spirit and love for our precious island.

I've watched that video several times over the years & recognized at least 2 locals I didn't know back then but have become friends with since. They did one heck of a job working together to get what needed done looked after with their bare hands & simple hand tools or what ever they could get their hands on.

As others have repeated…it was one of the most inspiring times of my 74 years. JUST AMAZING

dave dillehay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom