Will this wind ever let up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

algulfdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Tonight
North Winds 20 To 25 Knots. Seas Building To 4 To 6 Feet.
Bays And Coastal Waterways Rough.

Saturday
North Winds Around 20 Knots Decreasing To Around
15 Knots In The Afternoon. Seas 4 To 6 Feet. Bays And Coastal
Waterways Choppy To Rough.

Saturday Night
North Winds 10 To 15 Knots. Seas 2 To 4 Feet. Bays
And Coastal Waterways A Light Chop. Slight Chance Of Rain.

Sunday
Northeast Winds 10 To 15 Knots. Seas 2 To 4 Feet. Bays And
Coastal Waterways A Light Chop. Chance Of Rain.

Sunday Night
Northeast Winds Around 15 Knots Increasing To 15 To
20 Knots After Midnight. Seas 3 To 5 Feet. Bays And Coastal Waterways
Choppy To Rough. Chance Of Rain.

Monday
Northeast Winds 15 To 20 Knots Becoming East. Seas 3 To 5
Feet. Bays And Coastal Waterways Choppy To Rough.

Tuesday
Southeast Winds 15 To 20 Knots Becoming Southwest 20 To 25
Knots. Seas 5 To 7 Feet. Bays And Coastal Waterways Rough. Chance Of
Showers And Thunderstorms.

Wednesday
West Winds 20 To 25 Knots Becoming Northwest. Seas 6 To
9 Feet. Bays And Coastal Waterways Rough. Chance Of Thunderstorms.

They got your number my friend it is the Sea Gods scattering the Snapper. You ought to have tried working off Fort Morgan for the pass week. We lost one 6’ suction and had one destroyed because of this wind not to mention the lost of a check valve. I don’t think I have ever been beat up so much by waves. hopefully the water will lay down soon

That's not all, suddenly the temperature is dropping. Water was starting to warm up but noooooo, that would make things too pleasant.
May be the gods like you say but I'm suspicios of the canadians blowing strong cold air down south.
My husband believes that the wind will lay down if we pull the boat out of the water. I can't imagine how crowded will the sprimgs be the next couple of days.

Maybe we all should turn our fans on and point them north to blow that cold air back where it came from.:)

Ana:
I can't imagine how crowded will the sprimgs be the next couple of days.

Especially Vortex, Morrison is flooded so not many classes will be venturing its waters.

Don't worry about wind when cave diving. Don't worry about boats when cave diving.
Don't worry about rain, snow, sleet, dust, pollen, dive flags, wildlife, surf, wave height, seasickness, diesel fumes, canoes, tubers, spearfishermen, monofiliment, hooks, rusted metal, beercans, or crowds. Dive almost every weekend. Oh, and don't pay for a boat ride and two tanks of air. But it's not for everyone!:D

metaldector:
Don't worry about wind when cave diving. Don't worry about boats when cave diving.
Don't worry about rain, snow, sleet, dust, pollen, dive flags, wildlife, surf, wave height, seasickness, diesel fumes, canoes, tubers, spearfishermen, monofiliment, hooks, rusted metal, beercans, or crowds. Dive almost every weekend. Oh, and don't pay for a boat ride and two tanks of air. But it's not for everyone!:D
I like Springs and I will get into cave soon BUT there are NO fish or any other life:shakehead in them. I like (love) my SALT!!!!:D

algulfdiver:
I like Springs and I will get into cave soon BUT there are NO fish or any other life:shakehead in them. I like (love) my SALT!!!!:D

But it's a CAVE! :D Many can hop in the ocean (safely.) Few can go in caves (safely.) That being said I enjoy the ocean and its critters too.

Back
Top Bottom